Has anyone gone beyond 42 weeks?

sezzolou

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am now at 40 + 12 i have a final sweep booked at the maternity day unit this afternoon. When i went for my 2nd sweep on Thursday i was 3cm dilated, waters bulging. For the last 2 weeks or more ive been experiencing prodromal labour with strong contractions a few nights a week which stop come morning.

Im booked for an induction on Tuesday at 40 + 14. Although the Dr and midwife said they will most likely just break my waters as im past the point of needing gel or or pessary as my cervix is already favourable.

Just just wondering if anyone has made the decision to delay induction/intervention past 42 weeks. Ive done an awful lot of research but i am still undecided. My main worries about induction are being admitted as an inpatient to the matenrnity ward not in labour and then having to wait for days for a space to become available on delivey suite for them to break my waters. The Dr admitted as im low risk i may not be a priority for transfer as those in active labour or high risk will transfer before me. Although perhaps being + 14 days over due will prompt them to transfer me sooner?! Hate the idea of being stuck on a ward for days away from my family and possibly not even in labour. My other option is regular CTG and scans until i go naturally.

Thanks for reading

I had my son 17 days late. They were supposed to be induced at 14 days late but they had no beds. Got admitted on day 16 at 730pm. Pessary in at 11pm that night and then was in active labour around lunch time, had him at 855pm on day 17. He did poo in his waters but was otherwise ok, had a few other issues but weren't to Do with Labour,

I was 14 days late with DS. So 42 weeks. They dont normoly like u going past 42 weeks unless u really dont want to be induced and u and baby are healthy and it's safe to go a few extra days just to see if things happen on there own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->