Has anyone gone from TTC to NTNP for a more relaxed approach?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I need to switch off from TTC mode, it's taking over my life. Last time this happened was when we were trying for our youngest,and it very nearly broke our marriage.

I know I need to take a break from it all, and just relax like my husband does.. but I don't know where to start? Has anyone else ever been in this situation?

I really want another baby, but I know stressing about it so much, isn't going to do any good at all. :( I find myself obsessing over pregnancy tests month after month, then feeling absolutely devastated when AF shows!

Any good tips for relaxing, and not thinking about it!? Tia. :kiss:

My suggestion is just stop POAS all together. Don't use/purchase opk's or hpt's (until you actually miss your period). It really can overtake your life, it did with me when I wanted our 3rd and looking back I feel so bad I put my husband through that lol.
Just go with the flow...don't chart if you chart, don't overanalyze your cm etc..
How did yoy get pregnant with your 2nd?? If it was a more relaxed approach, try doing that again! GL I know it's tough to chill when you really want another but it'll happen don't stress

My suggestion is just stop POAS all together. Don't use/purchase opk's or hpt's (until you actually miss your period). It really can overtake your life, it did with me when I wanted our 3rd and looking back I feel so bad I put my husband through that lol.
Just go with the flow...don't chart if you chart, don't overanalyze your cm etc..
How did yoy get pregnant with your 2nd?? If it was a more relaxed approach, try doing that again! GL I know it's tough to chill when you really want another but it'll happen don't stress

Thank you, I think that's what I'm going to do. Although, I've been spotting brown for about 7 days now, so I have no idea what's going on! :( We're not even DTD at the minute.

With our 2nd, we actually only had sex once the month that we conceived her! We weren't at a good point back then, and I actually found out I was pregnant when we were on a break.. Crazy really! :dohh: X

It is crazy how things happen...thats kind of how our 2nd happened (weren't on a break but our relationship wasnt great and did just once lol).
The relaxed approach really takes so much pressure off and it's a bit more fun if you think about it. Because then the pregnancy will be more of a surprise rather than something calculated you know?

TTC 3 cycles, 4 cycle ntnp BFP. This time around unplanning altogether, more like trying, but not planning rather than not trying not preventing ....

Definitely my plan for this cycle! Worked last cycle, but I'm pretty sure it was a chemical.. Positive tests, but then AF came! X

Im planning on trying to be really relaxed.... We are trying but not really, I wouldn't be upset if AF came, but I would be maybe a little sad? We have had sex three times BEFORE I OVULATED, the last time being a day and a half from ovulation, so who knows, its very much possible. I wouldn't even know what to look for! lol I am just using my period tracker, and it does seem to be bang on, so crossing my fingers! We have our honey moon on the 14th of July until the 24th so Maybe we will know by then ( period is due on the 12th), and if not then maybe we will get lucky and conceive on our honey moon :)

I can really relate. My periods are quite unpredictable so it makes tracking hard work. Both pregnancies I've found out I was pregnant after not having my period for a while. I roughly new that I'd ovulated as I'd had some CM about 2 weeks prior to my positive test but didn't know much more than that.

Last month I took OPKs and tracked everything quite closely but I've decided to take a step back this month and just enjoy being with my hubby. I'm hoping to try to just trust my body. I'll periodically check my CM which is enough indicated for me that I'm fertile as i've only ever seen fertile CM twice in my life and that's when I conceived my two kiddies.

if this cycle isnt our cycle we will be half NTNP, but mostly trying to avoid pregnancy until october.... which makes me so so sad... so im hoping to see two lil lines this time!!!

I see what u mean, we have just started for Baby #2 and I am torn whether testing a week early on my birthday this weekend or just leave it. We had sex right at the beginning and end of my fertile window, had lots of stuff to do so I was tired and thought whatever happen happens. I am not tracking temperature just estimate with my dates and I got in my head I was pregnant last month and was proper desapointed ( I had symptoms everywhere, lol) so I think I ll just leave it and see if AF turns up this month.

I wish I could stop tracking but with my age, overweight (technically), and health issues we have to make sure that everything is happening properly each month. I am trying to lose the weight and my health is stable enough that all drs signed off on us trying. Our first three were all while on birth control. We lost our first at 4 months. Course our youngest was 7 yrs ago soo its hard to know what to expect. We had some changes in life that made us realize we really want a large family but now we are working against the clock! I worry I am going to stress out too much about it. I am a very logical person that plans everything so having things out of control drives me nuts...just trying not to drive hubby and those that know nuts too!

I am going the NTNP route now. We started TTC in July and after 4 BFN cycles, I am feeling done. I know 4 cycles isn't a lot, but i get very stressed and anxious while TTC. So, for now I am taking a break from all of the opk's etc. I have irregular periods so I will have no clue when I am ovulating now but I will just have to be okay with that! We will not BD on a schedule either, just whenever it happens it happens. Plus. I had this feeling a couple weeks ago that right now is not our time to get pregnant and maybe in 6-12 months it will be? Hard to explain, just this strong impression I got. So no point in in killing myself if it isn't going to happen anyway!

Yes! When we tried for my daughter back in 2014 we were actively TTC. We had one month down and it felt like a chore and was stressing us out. We decided to go with the flow and just DTD when we wanted to (and thankfully back then we both had high libido lol) I ended up pregnant the second month of NTNP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->