Has anyone had a baby or know someone thats had a baby at TAMESIDE hospital uk?

I had a gender scan at 16 weeks so I already know I'm having a boy :happydance::cloud9: They actually weren't too bad when I went for my last scan....hoping because it's at 10.00am they won't be too far behind schedule :wacko:

Ahh think thats were i went wrong lol mine was in the afternoon lol so had enuf time to full behind loll and aww congrats!! Did u have a feeling it was a boy or was it a suprise xx

I was 90% sure this was a boy because I have felt like crap :haha: been sick and STILL being sick :nope: I've got 2 girls already and felt very different with them so I kind of thought this had to be a boy :hugs:

aww 2 girls n now a boy thats exciting - hope your sickness settles xx

They dont really listen to you and push you into making decisions.

xx

I would agree with this. I didn't make it to the delivery suite last time coz they didn't believe me when I was saying I needed them to re-check my dilation, they eventually did check (after much nagging) and I pushed her out there and then! I also had an 'incident' of not being listened to by an anaesthetist a bit later. When I had her (July 2010) you did have to pay for the single rooms but I see that's changed.
My main piece of advice is to stick to your guns and make sure your birth partner will stand up for you if you can't speak coz your too busy contracting!
I have decided not to go to Tameside this time, but am sure you will be fine there :)

Thanks very much debz were are you going this time?
how long were you in before you were alowed home?
and luckily i have to birth partners mum and hubby so they will be able to speak on my behalf!

congrats on this pregnancy and your other kid xx

Thanks very much debz were are you going this time?
how long were you in before you were alowed home?
and luckily i have to birth partners mum and hubby so they will be able to speak on my behalf!

congrats on this pregnancy and your other kid xx

I am going to St Mary's this time - heard too many horror stories about Stepping Hill! So far I have been really impressed with them.
With DD I went in at 7.30pm on Tues and came home Thurs night about 8.30pm, I might have been allowed out sooner but after having her I ended up having to have a general anaesthetic, a blood transfusion, catheter etc so they possibly kept me in a bit longer than normal (not going to go into that coz don't want you to go there with too many negative ideas coz chances are you'll be fine there, think I was just unlucky).
I had my mum and hubby with me too and I think it was a good combination so I think you have chosen well there :) I don't know if either of them are wanting to cut the cord but I had to ask the MWs at the time if my Mum could do it coz they just said to me 'we're going to cut the cord now', they were fine with her doing it but they didn't offer (it was in my birth plan but that never even came out of my hospital bag).
Good luck :)

I hope ur experiance wasnt to bad! Thanks for not trying to scare me lol

And ha thank u i think so too! Im excited and glad theyl both be there

Il try ad make sure i get the birth plan out i hope hubby can cut chord - went to my antinatel class tody about labour they seem to realy over promote epidurals and other stuff and dont realy concentrate much on the natuaral options and if ur labours over 24 hours theyl induce you! which is strange because i thought with firsts take longer hopefuly theey wont force induction i hear it makes labour even more painful!and goodluck this time and hope it goes smoothly x

update- HAVE my hosp tour 15th jan looking forward to seeing what it will be like. was in for one night at tameside and wasnt to keen on the after labour ward as you had to get yoru own food and leave ur babys.. would worry me abit but i decided il just eat when hubby and mum are here with baby

I haven't booked mine yet, will do it in the next week or so. Let me know how yours goes xc

i will do! :) i completly forgot about booking mine! and said to myself " il go to a tour when im 32 weeks.." but forgot id actualy need to book it before then lol :)

I live in Tameside and have visited Tameside hospital many times ( not pregnancy related) and i wouldn't recommend it. However I know several of the midwife's that work there, they are all lovely and are really good at their job. I have my first MW appointment on Monday (I am currently 6weeks+ 4days) so I will discuss what plans I have for the birth there. I would really like a water birth as it has been recommended by many people to me, and seems very relaxing. Do you have to book many months in advance for a water birth?

Good luck everyone! :) xx

littlechick- congrats on your pregnancy hun! - I am due feb 19th! so will let you know how my labbour goes at tameside!! - and no you dont book in advance you ring up when your in labbour if its available then you can use it in the birthing pool room if not they have some inflatables if there not available then you dont get it :( so it all depends on the day. im going for my labour tour on sunday so will see what its like , i already spend one night on labour ward and then were the ladies go after having babys ( false alarm you see!) and it wasnt pleasent lol but im sure i wont care when i have my baby!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->