Has anyone had a suction d & c??

bellebaby

TTC #1 after a loss
Reaction score
I had a suction d and c one week ago when I was 10 weeks pregnant. The baby apparently died a week before at 9 weeks old. So it was a missed miscarriage.

Just wanted to hear any experiences as I am unsure of what I am experiencing is normal....

After the op, I had pain but only when I moved a certain way (like rolling over in bed). This only lasted 2 days or so and between Tuesday and Friday of last week, the bleeding was slowing down and turned brown/black and I only needed a liner. My pain was very mild also. I thought I was on my way to recovery.

On the Saturday 5 days later, I woke up and passed a ping pong sized black clot, followed by fresh bleeding. This scared me. That night I was feeling lots of sharp pains and over the course of the night, I passed another 4 similar clots.

The clots eased and during the day I was back to light brown spotting. Since then, each day I only have spotting, HOWEVER whenever I wake up, fresh blood comes out!! Its like I am starting a period! But as i said, i stop bleeding over the day.

Wondering why i seem to be "drying" up, and then have fresh blood in the morning. I am not going to ER because I am not bleeding heavy during the day which I suppose is a good sign. I seem to feel sensitive on my left side, almost like ovulation pain.......is it possible the Dr scraped me a little too hard or something and Im trying to heal but then turn funny and open the wound??

Sorry for all the TMI!! Any advice would be appreciated. I am seeing the dr 1 week from now (2 weeks after op) :)

Sorry for your loss. :hugs: Yes, its normal to pass tissue and have fresh blood because with a suction D&C it is nearly impossible for the Dr to get everything out. I had a similar experience, my D&C was on July 5. If there were an injury to your uterus from the suction, the dr would have known when it happened, but it never hurts to call and ask. If there was remaining tissue your body will try to expel it, causing fresh bleeding and even pain. I had extreme pain when i would turn in bed, but it was considered normal. I found that a heating pad did wonders. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I had a d&c on May 19th. I was 10w but my baby had stopped growing at 7w6d.

After my d&c I had a lot of clots. When they pass it can be painful, because the cervix has to open to let them pass through. Like you, my bleeding tapered off quickly then once a day I would pass clots and thick bright red blood, then it would go back to spotting, only for me this happened mid-afternoon everyday. I don't know if this is really how it works and it may be an little graphic, but I kind of thought that the clots were blocking the flow from coming through, so once the clot came through, more flow could pass through.

Also, I was told that the pain you experience can be from your uterus contracting, because it is trying to shrink itself back to the size it was pre-pregnancy.

Unfortunately in my case after a couple weeks I was still bleeding and my doc sent me for an ultrasound. There was still tissue remaining and they explained that the reason I would keep getting fresh blood was because my body was still pump blood to support the tissue that was remaining (basically my body didn't know I was no longer pregnant). I ended up having a second D&C on June 10th, but after that one I healed rather quickly.

So, the ableeding and pain continues, I would definitely see your doctor and perhaps they will do an ultrasound to check if everything has cleared out.

I really hope it all goes well and you recover quickly.

Thanks so much for sharing your stories. Hopefully I am just worrying about nothing....I really just dont want to go through another d and c. I just want this experience to be over with because it is really getting me down despite my best efforts to "get on with it". Thanks again, and I hope you are all doing ok and all the best for the future xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->