Has anyone had a vaginal scan in 2nd tri?

Pink_Sparkle

1 Angel & 23 week preemie
Reaction score
Im going for a vaginal ultra sound next week specifically to check my cervix as my pregnancy is high risk. I asked the consultant if id also be able to see the baby and she said they would have a quick look at baby to make sure its doing ok.

Has anyone else had one....was the image of your baby clearer than a normal abdo ultra sound?

I know the purpose is to check my cervix but im secretly hoping to have a super clear image of little Wriggles! As far as my scans go....picture wise they have been pretty good considering im a plus size girl with lots of weight in my tummy.

xx

i had vaginal scan at 12 weeks 5 days because baby was lying in an awkward position and they couldnt get measurements... ill attatch my pictures, i thought they were much better than what i could see when she did normal stomach scan xx

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/scan2_zps1c8b440b.jpg

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/scan1_zpsa35b0ab4.jpg

Great pic! That is very clear. When I go for mine I will be just shy of 16 weeks....I wonder if I'll see the sex lol?......Yeh I know - im pushing it now haha! xx

haha u might be pushing it juuuuust a little, u never know though u could get lucky!
hope you get some great images :) be cheeky and ask for a print if you can! xx

Well if you dont ask you dont get! Ive been very very lucky so far, ive got scan pics from 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 14 weeks! xx

I think you should see the sex! I went for gender scan at 15+4 so no harm asking ;) xxx

I went in at 16 wks 2 days for a cervix ck scan and asked if they could see if they could tell me the sex she looked at the baby as an abdominal scan first and took some measurments. The baby was breech so it was hard to get a good look at the sex so when she check the cervix with vaginal scan she tried to tell that away but the foot was in the way.:dohh: In the vag scan you could see the part of the baby that was down there so if its breech you can see the booty and legs but if head down I would say you could see the head and shoulders and arms but I don't think there is a way to see the whole baby.

Thanks thats also good to know....I guess its just your luck on the day! xx

I get transvaginal ultrasounds every four weeks to check my cervix, and you can't see baby after a certain point that way. They will, if they can't ER a good picture, do an abdominal as well, but changes are at 14-15 weeks, they won't be able to tell you sex.

Generaly speaking yes vaginal scans are alot clearer bur depending on what they are checking your cervix for you may not get a very clear image because they wont be pushing on the cervix as much as they would if actualy looking for the baby.
So they baby may be more of a background type image especialy if they are checking for a wrak cervix they wouldnt want to push against it too much.

They said they want to make sure my cervix is long and closed...Yeh that makes sense x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->