Has anyone had any experience with the pill cerazette

I think all pills will react differently, but my experience was awful! It made me depressed (I had to take anti-depressants) and also made me unable to orgasm! Not good!

All I'd say is give it a go and just keep a real close eye out for any reactions - if you start feeling depressed please stop taking it before you get as bad as I was!

I really hope it works for you and hope you dont mind me popping over but I saw this and thought I should reply! x

I think all pills will react differently, but my experience was awful! It made me depressed (I had to take anti-depressants) and also made me unable to orgasm! Not good!

All I'd say is give it a go and just keep a real close eye out for any reactions - if you start feeling depressed please stop taking it before you get as bad as I was!

I really hope it works for you and hope you dont mind me popping over but I saw this and thought I should reply! x

thanks hun

Thats cool any advice is very welcome

xx

I took cerazette for a week and it was the week from hell. After that it messed up my cycles and all in all in took me 13 months to conceive!

I'm not saying they were definately linked but in my honest opinion I believe cerazette had a lot to do with it taking so long to conceive.

Yes, having no periods isn't an unmixed blessing, it does make for pregnancy scares! I've taken two tests because I wasn't happy to put my being exhausted, forgetful and weepy down to working full-time while breastfeeding and doing most of hte housework and baby care!

god, this thread has really scared me now :wacko: I am hoping I don't react badly, but if I do, is it pretty obvious a few weeks in, or could it take a couple of months for symptoms to start showing??

Angie79, I hope this pill is ok for you :flower:

god, this thread has really scared me now :wacko: I am hoping I don't react badly, but if I do, is it pretty obvious a few weeks in, or could it take a couple of months for symptoms to start showing??

yeah i'm thinking the same - if its not good just stop
I hope it works for you too.

xxx

yeah i'm thinking the same - if its not good just stop
I hope it works for you too.

xxx

thanks hun :hugs: My biggest concerns with it are A, no AF's (so i'll be constantly scared I had done something wrong and that I was actually preggers) and B, a lot of people seem to have suffered depression and I struggle on and off with depression anyway, so how will I know if it's the pill causing it or just another one of my 'episodes' :dohh:
been on it a few days now...gonna stick with it but if I come up with any bad side affects i'll post them up in here :thumbup:

Loved being on Cerazette - No Cramps, PMT or Periods!
Concerned having stopped it and now 9weeks with No AF all lots of the above . . .
However it has to be done if I want to TTC x

Everyone reacts differently as others have said but i had an awful time on it! I had mood swings from hell, my skin (which has always been great) was greasy and spotty, i bled continually and had the worst period pains ever. When i came off it i was back to normal within 3 weeks.

Another thing to take into consideration is that you can be ok on it for a long time then suddenly react badly. My friend took cerazette for 2 years with no problems then suddenly started having all of the above problems, she stopped taking it and was fine soon after.

Contraception is such a mine field, i can't find anything that agrees with me. Good luck to you!xxx

Contraception is such a mine field, i can't find anything that agrees with me. Good luck to you!xxx

I feel your pain!!
Nothing agreed with me at all until cerazette.

I think if you are going to give it a go, as long as you are aware of the possible side effects and spot them quickly then you can just stop and try something else.

Fingers crossed it works out for you :flower:

I hated it. It gave me mood swings so bad that I thought I was suffering from depression and ended up in counselling, also made me develop eczema all over my body which baffled the doctors as started so suddenly. After 18 months it dawned on me I had started the pill weeks before my problems started but couldnt believe at first it could cause so many problems. After speaking to the doctors they agreed it was a possibility so came off the pill and the eczema cleared up within a week and my sanity returned as well. Mine is obviously an extreme example but always best to be aware just in case something similar happens.

I was on it briefly (because it gave me awful headaches) a few years back. Didn't enjoy it much. But I guess the others are right that everyone reacts differently.
Here's another thought though: you said you'll only be on it for a few months. Is that because you're hoping to ttc then? Because in that case I don't think I'd go on any pill, especially Ceracette. I've heard of lots of people who had trouble getting their cycles back after it. One friend is still waiting, it's been over a year now for her. If you're planning to ttc soon then I'd definately suggest condoms and/or temping/Persona. Unless there's any medical reason you should be on it?

I was on it briefly (because it gave me awful headaches) a few years back. Didn't enjoy it much. But I guess the others are right that everyone reacts differently.
Here's another thought though: you said you'll only be on it for a few months. Is that because you're hoping to ttc then? Because in that case I don't think I'd go on any pill, especially Ceracette. I've heard of lots of people who had trouble getting their cycles back after it. One friend is still waiting, it's been over a year now for her. If you're planning to ttc soon then I'd definately suggest condoms and/or temping/Persona. Unless there's any medical reason you should be on it?

Going on the pill is easier for us at the moment - we are ttc in feb or march although that's not set in stone. In august ish I will be using my persona and condoms until ttc

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->