Has anyone had major bleeding and had a healthy baby?

co_fostermom

Expecting Baby #2
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first pregnancy. I've waited over 7 years to finally be able to afford IVF. I got pregnant with our first transfer (frozen) and was doing really well until last Thursday. I would have been 5 weeks 5 days (or there about). I had major heavy bleeding for a few hours and then it slowed down and completely stopped.

The doctor couldn't find a sac on the ultrasound and they said my HcG levels were a "bit low." I have to go in for bloods tomorrow to see if my levels are going up or down. I'm praying they are going up and this last week was just some weird fluke. I really don't want to be miscarrying.

Has anyone experienced this? I've read about subchorionic hemorrhage but my doctor didn't say anything about that at the ultrasound on Friday.

On top of that I have an unicornuate uterus so it's likely this or any pregnancy could be complicated.

Please help if you have any info, good, bad, or otherwise.

Yes, I did. With my daughter, I saw the heartbeat at 6w2d, and then 2 days later I had a major bleed. Bright red and lasted a few hours. I also had doubled over in pain cramping. Having had several miscarriages before, I thought that was what I was experiencing. But then, after a few hours the bleeding and pain stopped. I didn't know what to think. Well, actually, I thought I had lost baby, but I knew it wasn't a complete miscarriage because with my other miscarriages the bleeding didn't stop. My next OB appointment was the following Tuesday (this happened on Thursday), so I didn't bother calling or anything and just waited for my appointment. To my surprise, baby was fine. She's now 5. Good luck! I hope you got some good news with your hcg numbers today.

edit to add: My OB had no idea where the blood came from. He scanned me and couldn't find a reason for the blood or the major cramping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->