• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has anyone had regular spotting every month and fell pregnant?

coleybaby

Reaction score
Hi
I was just after a bit of advice really. We have been trying for a baby for 14 months. I have tried everything, charting, OPKs, etc. My problem is that I have a 26 day cycle, ov on day 12 (normally pretty regularly) but I always start spotting about day 22 or 23, which starts as light pinky discharge and gets dark brown. I have had blood tests etc and have been told all my blood levels including progesterone is fine. The Drs can't tell me why I have this bleeding and I am convinced it is the sign of something wrong. I have 3 other children, (the youngest is 10) and I conceived them all very quickly. I didnt have the spotting then. I know I am older now (37) but I just have this feeling that something isnt right and the Drs just wont help me.
I have ordered some natural progesterone cream this month to see if that helps. But anyway my real question is this, has anyone with regular spotting like mine fallen pregnant, and if so did you still get the spotting that month? I have had a crevical erosion that comes and goes and the docs have said it could be the erosion bleeding when my cervix softens, and not actually my period. When I chart, my BBT doesnt go down until after my period has started properly which suggests it is not my progesterone but what else could it be! It really frustrates me when the Drs just say its just the way my body is! Surely its not normal and there must be a reason.
Please help if you have any advice as I think I am going mad, and thanks for listening to my long story!

i have spotted before my af for over 3 years and i concieved last november, but sadly i lost my baby at 16.5weeks. when i spot it is always a week before my af arrives. hope it helped

Thanks, its just nice to know I am not the only one with this. I am really sorry to hear that you lost your baby. Did you spot the month that you fell pregnant? I hope you do not think me too insensitive for asking this,
thanks again for your help

Hi- I have been TTC for 6 months and have had the same exact issue. As soon as my husband and I started trying i started spotting about 5-7 days before my period was due. Like you I have lt pink spotting for several days and then I get what feels like my normal period (med. to heavy flow/cramps). I have gone to the doctor 3 times. I've had hormone tests, thyroid level tests, pap, 2 vaginal ultrasounds and all is normal. I am frustrated just like you and very confused since my doctors say that it is not usual but shouldn't be a problem since I am healthy. Im wondering if it is caused by the stress of TTC or something more serious. I have started doing acupuncture to see if that works. I plan on seeing another Dr. if I don't get pregnant in the next 2 months and I would say you should do the same. Good luck to you! I really know how it feels and how frustrating it is not to know what it going on with your body. PS- I have also decided to quit caffeine. Hope everthing works out for you. I'd love to know if you find any answers.

Hi girls,
Stress CAN be the biggest contributory problem for ttc, and all stress no matter how small needs to be addresssed before ttc. Cutting out caffeine and smoking will help and regular exercise too. I found all this when i googled spotting as i had the same thing after my period finished and i had light brown spotting december when i foulnd out i was pregnant but lost it at 5 and half weeks, this is our first month ttc since and are not temping, charting or anything as this is stress in itself and are just enjoying each other and :sex: as and when we feel the urge LOL, which is most of the time and seems like more now the stress isnt there!.
I hope this helps and by the way most spotting is just old blood left behind if not at the end of your luteal phase, if at the end its like to be pregnancy and it doesnt always mean miscarriage, and i wish you all the best :hugs:

I have problems with spotting as well. Always start spotting around CD20 which lasts until :witch: arrives around 4 - 7 days later. I got pregnant in January, but lost it at 5 weeks. We've been TTC for around 18 months since I stopped Depo injections. I saw my GP last week and he said spotting is normal, and if I fell pregnant I wouldn't spot! Well that's a load of rubbish as I spotted in January and was definitely pregnant. He told me to wait another 6 months, which I wasn't happy with so I went to see a private GP and she's now put me on Clomid to try and get my hormones back in balance. I don't know what my progesterone levels are like yet, as I'm having first lots of bloods next month after one cycle of Clomid.

It's really frustrating isn't it when GP's don't seem to listen. We all know I bodies, and know when something isn't right. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon. :hugs:

Hi girls. Just jumping on the spotting bandwagon. I have spotting also, can last for several days till a week before AF. It started around six months ago (which does actually coincide with when i got serious with the ttc with OPK's and such) so i'm beginiing to wonder if maybe stress contributes to it. I haven't had any tests as my GP wants to wait till its over 12mths. Thankfully thats next month but I know how frustrating it is when you know your body and its just not right but nobody is taking you serious!!

I was told around two yrs ago I had a eroding cervix but that it wouldn't affect conceiving, but i'm convinced its low progesterone as I have a short LP too. I know a lady on here had spotting before AF and did conceive. She spotted as normal then when AF was due she stopped and got her BFP!! I guess its possible but frustating all the same. Acupuncture would be my next step as I've heard so many good things but its just something I'll have to save up for! FX'd we all get out BFP's!!

Thanks, its just nice to know I am not the only one with this. I am really sorry to hear that you lost your baby. Did you spot the month that you fell pregnant? I hope you do not think me too insensitive for asking this,
thanks again for your help

sorry i never replyed i couldnt find the thred:wacko:
yes i spotted when i concieved my angel baby and i spotted for the first 2 months while prgnant as well. since the mc in feb this is our first month trying. i spotted for a day and it was a tiny bit then it stopped, so hopefully fingers crossed it as stopped:happydance:

Hi - I know it's been a few months since the last post to this thread, but I was so pleased to see that others are in a similar boat to me - and more importantly, that there are stories of positive outcomes.

We've not been TTC for very long (3 months), but I've been worrying that it isn't going to happen because I always start spotting around a week before my period comes. I went to my GP, who didn't offer any advice other than to tell me I was getting on a bit so should just keep trying (helpful!). Anyway, your experiences have really helped, and maybe I can stop stressing about that bit of the whole TTC malarkey :)

Me too SophieBee!
I really thought I was the only one as Ive posted a couple of questions about this and never got a reply.:nope:

We have been TTC 4 months and it has happened twice now. At 9DPO i start spotting for a few days then get a light bleed. It seems to totally mess up the following month for me as the bleed is earlier than AF then no "normal" AF (BFN's). Prior to TTC I never bled mid-cycle and had a normal 28day cycle.
I see that Linny had the same problem but I think shes pregnant now:happydance:.....would love to know what she did?:shrug:

I have started taking aspirin this month to see if it makes any difference.
This is so frustrating.....grrrr!

Hi girls, I am the same! Been TTC for last 6 months, and started spotting 4 months ago. I spot for about 5 days before, then have a 3 day proper period, then spot for about 3 days after! So frustrating! Saw a doctor at the hosp when i was having a colposcopy and he said it was normal! Says I should count the first day of spotting as the first day of my period when counting apparently!

It's all so confusing, as I've been told I should only count from the first day of "full" flow. I spot for around 7 days, have a 3-4 day period and then spot for a day or two afterwards, which would make it around 12 days of AF! :shock:
I have no idea what I should be doing regarding counting, so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start using those ovulation prediction kits, otherwise I'm going to stay all at sea... :shrug:

My spotting has been happening for a couple of years, and I think is linked to treatment I had for CIN2 abnormal cells - had very lengthy period of colposcopy exams, which finally resulted in treatment 2 years ago. As far as I can remember, the spotting only started after that treatment, so maybe my cervix is slightly thinner as a result - who knows? I wanted to wait until I'd had a couple of clear smears before TTC, which happened this July. I think if we haven't had any joy by Christmas we might pay for some private tests, just to check everything out.

hi, just wondering if any fellow spotters on this thread have indeed had their BFP yet?!

I wish! I am currently spotting at the moment but its much lighter than normal. I just hope it doesnt lead to my AF and I get my :BFP: xxx

me too happyshopper, u taking agnus castus too?

Me too, me too. And I have to tell you, I was very pleased to see this thread. I also feel like there's something wrong with my body.

I have 3 children. I never spotted a single time in my life until this June. Now, I spot every month!!! I spot starting 3 days before my period, then bleed for 3 or 4 days. It's frustrating. I've seen my ob/gyn and she ran a bunch of labs. progesterone is good, ovarian reserve is good, thyroid is good, ultrasound is good. She has no idea why it's happening, but she is confident that I'll conceive again. It's great she said that, because I was thinking I am perimenopausal.

She said to start counting my AF from the first day of full flow.

Time will tell I guess. I was really freaking out about it, but she isn't concerned, so I relaxed a lot.

Hiya, my cycles have changed since having LO-but when i was ttc him i had spotting each month from 10-14dpo.I ovulated between cd14-16 so sometimes my LP was only around 8 days long. After 7 months i was getting worried so went for the day 21 test to check for ovulation which came back fine-and i was actually pregnant but didn't know! So yes, it still happened for me despite the spotting, good luck

Thanks babyblog - that really gives me hope! :thumbup:

i had spotting this cycle at ovulation for two days and i was told be the fertility nurse that its ripe eggs rupturing that caused the bleed so i am really hoeful this month and have 3 days left til i can test. BTW i have never had this before let alone heard of it at OV. Good Luck girls xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->