Has anyone had the Panorama test?

Clever.Name

Reaction score
It's the new non-invasive prenatal test that's just a blood test and supposed to replace amnio in terms of accuracy.
Anyone had it? Is it worth the money?

I had the MaterniT21 when I was 13 weeks. It's the same as the Panorama. It's worth the money if you are high risk for one of the trisomies. I had a 1:11 risk for trisomies 13, 18 and 1:17 for trisomy 21, so yes well worth it for me bc I wanted to be prepared in case baby did have one of the trisomies.

If you aren't high risk, then I wouldn't bother with it.

I had it when I went for my NT scan. For me it's worth it even though my scan was great. Make sure you call whatever lab your doctor uses so you know exactly how much it will cost you. The lab we used, even though the test can cost $2800, will not charge the patient more than $200.00. My insurance will cover some but not all of it b/c they are out of network. If I were going to be charged $2800 I would have skipped the bloods and only done the NT scan.

Also keep in mind, if the Maternal Fetal DNA test (generic name for Panorama, Harmony, Materniti21 etc.) shows positive for anything your doctor will require an amnio as back-up, it just lessens the chance of needing the amnio.

Had it at 11 weeks due to my age ..got results in less than 2 weeks , no risks of any genetic disorders and baby boy..where i am in costs 570 euros , although i still dont get charged and is been like 7 weeks since we did it..

Had an nt which confirmed baby has no markers for any genetic disorder..the panorama test was a big relief and worth the money but theres a ton of possible issues that these tests or any test before birth cant disgnose.
still i would recommend if you are high risk or if you really need to know ..

Had it at 11 weeks due to my age ..got results in less than 2 weeks , no risks of any genetic disorders and baby boy..where i am in costs 570 euros , although i still dont get charged and is been like 7 weeks since we did it..

Had an nt which confirmed baby has no markers for any genetic disorder..the panorama it was a big relief and worth the money but theres a ton of possible issues that these tests or any test before birth cant disgnose.

Can you find out the gender with these tests?

Just read up a bit more about it and understand why they tend to get the gender predicted as well and why they don't offer it on the market before 2nd tri and why they still use scans. I am just glad that you can do these test before needing to decide on an amnio test.

Had an nt which confirmed baby has no markers for any genetic disorder..the panorama it was a big relief and worth the money but theres a ton of possible issues that these tests or any test before birth cant disgnose.

Can you find out the gender with these tests?

Yes ,i was told boy .. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->