Has anyone had the spinal not work for 1 c-section but worked for their next?

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi

I'm booked in to have my 2nd c-section on Thursday and one of my main concerns is the spinal not working.
With DD2 I had to have a c-section due to her being an unstable lie and after having the spinal I could still feel so had to have a general.
Even though this has been explained to my consultant this time and the anethestist that I saw they have said it might of been just one of them things and they will try the spinal again this time.
So I was wondering if any of you that has had a spinal not work for 1 c-section that it has worked when they've had another?
The c-section wasn't planned in the first place this time and I've only been told yesterday that I'll have to have another due to baby being large, so I'm still in a bit of a shock when I was expecting to have a vbac up until yesterday afternoon. This is one of my many concerns regarding having another C-section.

Thank you in advance for replies :flower:

I had a similar experience with DS1 I had an EMCS and the epidural failed and I had to had a general after feeling everything..ouch! 18 months later I had DD by elective cs and had a spinal and it worked perfectly! Didn't feel a thing!

I had a similar experience with DS1 I had an EMCS and the epidural failed and I had to had a general after feeling everything..ouch! 18 months later I had DD by elective cs and had a spinal and it worked perfectly! Didn't feel a thing!

Thank you for replying. Oh gosh, so did they actually start the procedure and you could feel? Mine was when they were doing the test to see if I could feel with the twizers, the surgeon didn't seem pleased with me when I was saying I could feel, like he was getting impatient with me and was saying that they were going to try to make the incision and put me sleep if I could feel then but I was making a fuss so they just put me to sleep. That's my fear that they'll just go ahead and start and I can feel or feeling it part way through.
Good to hear that the spinal worked for your next, gives me hope that it might for me this time.

I had the opposite, a spinal for my EMCS worked great, but the first epidural with my second failed. After an hour of "topping it up" with more meds, they had to take it out and put in a new one, which worked. Good luck! Hopefully they can get one to work.

I went through this.

Dd1 was EMCS after 26 hours of labor , THREE epidurals failed and I could feel everything I was freaking out and was then put under general. Missed my dd's birth :/

Second dd had a spinal with elective c-section and couldn't feel a thing, tried really hard to move my legs but couldn't. It wore off quick enough after but I never felt anything during the procedure!

I'm having high anxiety about my third and final c-section... I had terrible complications after my second c-section so I'm stressed (this was a surprise pregnancy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->