Has anyone has this? Been awake all night :(

KL15

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I woke this morning (I'm in Australia) at about 2.30am with the most uncomfortable back and hip pain. It was bad enough to wake me up. No matter what position I turned in I could not get any relief. I got up and walked around which gave some relief and it nearly completely went away when I lay flat on my back on the floor. I out a pillow underneath me and managed to get back to sleep for an hour but it woke me again more painful than before. I've set up a bed for myself on the couch as its firmer to sleep on, got some relief temporarily but I'm back to painful discomfort across my back, hips and thighs. I seem to be getting the occasional tummy cramp along with it too. I have no idea what's going on and I'm trying not to freak out but I do feel a bit sore down below too. Is this a version of braxton hicks, just my hips softening and shifting or something else? I'm 25 weeks with a little girl, can feel her wriggling around xx

So sorry no advice really. Might be you are developing spd, but I think it would be best to contact your midwife of doctor to get things checked out too, especially if you having cramps along with. I'm sure it's all normal, but i always like to err on the side of caution xxx

Thanks Hun. Have tried ringing my hospital and no one is picking up :(

It does sound like spd. I usually wake up in loads of pain, especially in my hips but I also get pain in my back, my pelvis, down my legs and across my abdomen. It's always worth getting checked out though, especially for the cramps. I hope you manage to get through to your hospital.

I agree with pp, sounds like spd. I take magnesium supplement to help with leg cramps and it usually knocks me right out at night as it relaxes your muscles & nervous system. Apparently pregnant ladies are often deficient in mag because we're drinking so much water it washes the trace minerals out. And these days they are extremely trace as our veggies are grown in greenhouses in sterilized soil. So mg is always good but your sounds like much more than just anxiousness and inability to sleep. Get checked by a doctor!

Sounds like spd. I had this really badly with my first. Speak to midwife, you should be able to get a physio referral

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->