has anyone heard of conceiving while on af?

jzgrace

Reaction score
I read that it is possible to conceive while on AF. And it said it happens in women that have short cycles. I have 23 day cycles and my SO and I have had intercourse one day prior to AF and during( sorry tmi) and a few days after AF ended I had pink cm. And have been cramping since. Idk if anyone has ever heard of or experienced this if you have please respond.:wacko:

Yes, and definitely. It just depends on when you ovulate and when you have sex. Remember cycle days start on the first day of your period. Say that you ovulate on CD 10 and your period ends CD5 and sperm lasts roughly 5 days then yes....you have just enough time to get pregnant if you have sex on the last day of your period.

Generally it's nearly unheard of, the only way that it's even slightly possible is if you have very very short cycles. The fact that you have 23 day cycles means that it is possible, but highly unlikely unless your period lasted 7 days and you had unprotected :sex: on the very last day of your period as otherwise the sperm were not likely to be viable enough to fertilize the egg. They say that sperm can last up to 5 days, but I think that those are very rare cases and that 3 days is generally the maximum that sperm can survive and still be healthy enough to fertilize. Conceiving during a period is often more heard of in women with 21 day cycles, which is the shortest that your cycle can be and still be considered "normal".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->