Has anyone here had an ECV?

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
So I had my 36 week appt today & baby is still in breech :( I have an appt with the consultant next Tues, which will likely result in being told that I will need the ECV done.

Can anyone tell me if they have had one, I have heard they can be quite painful & only have a 50% chance of actually working!

So upset, the last thing I wanted was to have a c-sec, but I guess you can't really plan for anything to go the way you want when having a baby.

I go Monday to check her position I am hoping she has turned on her own but if not we are going to talk about a ECV. I have had 3 c-sections so ill be trying for a vba3c I am really hoping to not have anot-section

At my 36 week appt baby was oblique and we were told to come back at 37 weeks for scan and ecv. Baby turned the night before scan. Fingers crossed baby does the same for you too :)

I hope he turns around, although he looked pretty snug in the scan I had today (he has been in the same position since our private scan at 31 weeks). He is currently bum down, head up & his legs kicked right up to the side (so he looks like a V shape).

I had a successful ECV at 37 weeks as my lo was breech. It was painfull but was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I was glad I had it done and if she had turned again I would have chosen to have it done again if they let me.
Check out spinning babies website for tips on getting your baby to turn.

I read the other night putting peppermint oil on the top of your bump in acre sent moon motion can turn baby.

Might be worth a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->