Has anyone made a Lego Table for their kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd83

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
I've been looking on Pinterest and thinking I'll try making the boys one for Christmas, since they are both starting to really enjoy Legos.

If you've made one, any tips or tricks would be welcome for this project, lol! I think I'm going to look for a cheap coffee table or something similar to convert to the Lego table.

Have you seen the tutorial where they used an expedit two cube unit and put two baseboards on so more than one could play at a time? She made a bit of a mess at first and advised not to use glue to stick down the base boards, she used double sided tape in the end which stuck fine. :flower:

No, haven't seen that, I'll look for it. Thanks!

i was gonna attempt one using this ikea table. ours is pretty marked on the top now and never gets used

Attachments

• lack-side-table__57543_PE163125_S4.JPG
    lack-side-table__57543_PE163125_S4.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 4
i was gonna attempt one using this ikea table. ours is pretty marked on the top now and never gets used

That's exactly the type of table I'm looking for to make ours too! Hope I can find one cheap!

i paid £5 in ikea so i doubt they'd be much over there if you have an ikea close

We have onei n Ohio, but its about a 3-4 hours drive away...hmmm guess it'd depend if I can think of anything else I want/need at IKEA to make it worth the trip

sometimes if you look on ebay you find people sell them for more than they are in store but you'd spend the extra in petrol or look for one 2nd hand :)

Try amazon as well, the us site sells those lack tables:thumbup:

They are brilliant tables, very lightweight but still very sturdy.

My hubby made one for my son Christmas 2010, we got one of those black fold up table and chair combo from walmart(might be able to buy table separate?)
and we got 6 green base plates, and 3 blue ones, it turned out great, and a good height for DS, and easy to store which is a bonus :) ill try uploading a pic to show you,we have had lots of comments on it, as my son plays with it outside :)

Attachments

• lego table.jpg
    lego table.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 39
  • legotable2.jpg
    legotable2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
My hubby made one for my son Christmas 2010, we got one of those black fold up table and chair combo from walmart(might be able to buy table separate?)
and we got 6 green base plates, and 3 blue ones, it turned out great, and a good height for DS, and easy to store which is a bonus :) ill try uploading a pic to show you,we have had lots of comments on it, as my son plays with it outside :)

ooo, I like that too:) This is gonna be tough deciding which type of table to go with! I'll have to stop at walmart and look around at these tables

Goodwill gets some good furniture in sometimes if you haven't tried there. They might put the folding tables on sale closer to Thanksgiving too. I think I saw some very cheap at Target last year, probably near the holidays.

Our pediatrician's office has a cute little wooden duplo table with nets that hang down through the table to store the blocks. You might have seen that on pinterest or somewhere.

I love some of the ones on pintrest, i am 80% sure im making one this year! lol. Just need to decide which type of table to use, track down some cheap boards and then decide where to store it!! lol

Try amazon as well, the us site sells those lack tables:thumbup:

They are brilliant tables, very lightweight but still very sturdy.

I looked last night, they were $40 on amazon. Saved on my wish list for now, but gonna keep looking to see if I can find a cheaper option.

I think I might do this as a big present for my son! Encourage him to use his lego a bit more!! Love to see what they look like in the end :)

I'll post a pic once Ifinally find a table to use:)

Love the folding table giving me ideas now :rofl: I hate the lego all over the floor!

Was talking to DH last night about looking for a table, and he said he might just make one:) Woohoo, problem solved, if I can get him to follow through! Finding the time to do it is the hard part, this is his busiest time of the year with fall harvest for crops.

Love this idea! I fancy doing a fold up table and sticking a container of some sort to put the lego in midbuild.

Love this idea! I fancy doing a fold up table and sticking a container of some sort to put the lego in midbuild.

I think that's how I want ours too, or with maybe a mesh holder. Portrait Innovations where we live has a Lego table like that for the kids while they are waiting for pics, that has a big mesh lego holder in the middle. Can't decide which to do though, that or a plastic bin to hold them. Think I'm going idea shopping this weekend at some craft stores and maybe Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"