Has anyone made a Lego Table for their kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this thread, have shown hubby and he is going to make one for Gabriella:flower:

For all the UK ladies making lego tables, the Book People have 3 lego books for £7.50
https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/web...051&langId=100&searchTerm=Lego&filters=9books

The lego table will be a big present with buckets of lego on the sides but we are going to get some other lego themed presents too!
We are going to use the Ikea Lack table but I have just seen that they do one on castors???

We are going to do one like this in white

But my hubby is going to use a different rail that doesn't stick over the end, we are going to use these little ikea buckets

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70105659/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
Managed to get an extra large board (48 x 48) which is only going to leave a 7 cm gap around the edge of the lack table in grey from Amazon today (nowhere else seems to sell this size), I wanted grey as the table will be white with pink so that it keeps it neutral and girly.

Gabriella has one small set of lego which she plays with constantly and we will only be buying a basic pack to go in this at Christmas as we had not planned on this until this thread :dohh: We are going to use it as an item to build on over time as I think she would just be happy with the table to play with the set she has now :thumbup:

this is the one hubby is going to do but with the Mammut pink chair from Ikea instead of the stools

Attachments

• lego10.jpg
    lego10.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 39
We are going to check that as they are only drawer runners, if not B&Q will sell these.

In fact yes they will, they will be the drawer runners that are used in the Pax wardrobe system to hold the wire baskets in place so you may get one in the reduced section, but as I say would not be hard to get them from B&Q

Thanks :thumbup: now to decide if this a present for this year or next...
xx

Yes think the mammut stool goes perfectly with it, going to get a white one to use with ours!! Toby has lego sets but we struggle with where to build it so think this will be great!

Honestly not making a new board on Pinterest on Lego storage.....haha

Went shopping for ideas this weekend and saw this table and chair set at toysrus, and mil offered to buy it:) whew problem solved finding a table use! So excited for the boys!https://t.toysrus.com/skava/static/...:16402706:TRUS&domain=https://www.toysrus.com

Well that's even easier!! and you didn't have to buy it, a bonus :) looks great love the ottomans that come with it!!

I ordered a huge box of Lego Duplo with the money I would have used for the table, so even more excited for them to get both:) DS1 heard me talking on the phone with MIL about the table, so I told him I was talking to the elves at the North pole to let them know it was on his wish list if he is a good boy:haha:

Had no intention of doing a lego table for Colin for Xmas but since reading this thread I might actually look at doing one!

I may have also ordered that Lego Book Set along with The Lego Play book from the Book People as even with the conversion to Canadian and shipping charges it still came out $15 cheaper for me to buy through them then with Amazon.ca.

I think Colin may actually be almost done if I can convince hubby of the table idea!

Had no intention of doing a lego table for Colin for Xmas but since reading this thread I might actually look at doing one!

I may have also ordered that Lego Book Set along with The Lego Play book from the Book People as even with the conversion to Canadian and shipping charges it still came out $15 cheaper for me to buy through them then with Amazon.ca.

I think Colin may actually be almost done if I can convince hubby of the table idea!

I bought that book too lol

This thread inspired me too :haha: Iv had to make it a duplo table though as lego just isn't practical in our house yet where the two younger ones can reach it x

This thread inspired me too :haha: Iv had to make it a duplo table though as lego just isn't practical in our house yet where the two younger ones can reach it x

Most of the reviews I've read say the bases work well for both, so shouldn't be a problem.

Jut been into wilkos today and they have their blox baseplates down to £3.50 each. Of my adding and measuring skills are correct then two of these
https://www.wilko.com/construction/wilko-play-blox-baseplate/invt/0335884
Stuck side by side are roughly the same (slightly larger I think) than the x-large baseplate from amazon that is £12.99 at the minute so works out a little cheaper and the wilko ones work with lego and duplo just the same :thumbup:

Feel free to correct me if my measurements are out btw, i just hurriedly worked it out while feeding DD xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"