Has anyone previously had a 3rd degree tear??

Cotto08

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I did with my ds 3 years ago, I was given a spinal and repaired, only looked at 6 weeks after the birth and told I was healing nicely and that was that! I've had no problems at all and have had a couple of consultants tell me that they're happy for me to have a normal vaginal delivery this time. It's just that I had no idea of the severity of it at the time and that women that have had a 3rd degree tear previously, go on to have a c section.
Has anyone previously had a 3rd degree tear and gone on to have a normal delivery?? If so how was it? Obviously with impending birth, am getting a little nervous about it all!! xxx

I had a 3rd degree tear 8 years agoi with DS. I had 9 stitches !! This time with Noah I had a 1st degree and needed no stitches. Noah was also back to back right through labour and it was quite hard, but I can't feel anything now! :hugs:

Hey hun, thanks for replying. That sounds like a great outcome, fingers crossed it will be the same for me!! Congrats on the birth of Noah - a gorgeous name! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->