Has anyone put their LO's im cloth a bit older?

L

lfernie

Hi girls,

My LO is 12 weeks now and I want to try cloth nappies. When I was pregnant it just never occurred to me that I could use cloth (I don't know why, tbh I was pretty ignorant to what cloth nappies are now). So anyway now (and especially after seeing all your lovely fluffy bum pics) I want to try my LO in them but I think I'd probably like to start out with the pocket type nappies as the look the easiest tbh :blush: but as I said i never thought about it when I was pregnant so I never built up a stash and it all seems pretty expensive. I just don't have a spare couple of hundred pounds with it being just after christmas. SO, my question is what do you think the most sort of cost effective way is to build up a stash when u already have LO? Did you just buy a couple of nappies a month and gradually get LO into cloth more and more or bite the bullet and buy the big starter packs? x

Best way to do it is get on ebay and find used nappies/new nappies at bargain prices. My sisters youngest turned a year old in September and I only converted her to cloth with him in August after lending her some of my BTP nappies and she has just bought a larger pack for less amount (she bought 18 nappies for £40 off ebay) though they are two parters and is just picking up the odd AIO/pocket when they come up for a good price.
They do sell on well after you have finnished using them which is another bonus :)

Hiya sweety,

My Cassidy is 5 months now and we are just starting cloth officially. I tried a while back but was overwhelmed a bit and stopped but now I feel we are both ready to succeed at it this time!
It's never too late to consider cloth diapering (unless of course they've left home lol)

As for the costs, it is alot to pay upfront but will save a fortune in the long run. I'm still trying to build a stash and just keep a constant eye out for bargains. Buying second hand can also save you a pretty penny!!
My advice, just start off part time, buy a couple every week until you have enough to stop with disposable all together xx

We're just starting out. I've literally just got the trial pack of flips, and have bought some extra liners. I'll just be buying one or two nappies here and there when I have money. We'll be using cloth and disposables til I have enough to switch completely to cloth.

The best way is to buy one at a time whenever you can afford it. The cheapest possible way is by buying preloved but some people (or maybe just me :blush:) are a bit fussy about that kind of thing but it's really upto you whatever you feel most comfiest with.

For used nappies you can try the buy/swap sell sticky in here, cloth nappy tree, used nappies or ebay.

Hi Ladies, thanks for the advice, I will have a look about. The other thing I meant to ask (maybe a bit silly sounding) but how do you change the nappies when your out and about? like where do you keep them etc? x

You can buy a wet bag like this for example ----> https://www.nipnaps.com.au/images/products/wet-bag-basic-white-500.jpg

Some of the ladies here (me included) have taken advantage of the buy one get one free on flip and econo nappies at this site: babame.com could be a good way of getting a stash started and trying out cloth before committing to a big old starter pack.

I've just started on cloth at 10weeks old, so far he is fine in them until he has a wee and then he gets really unhappy....but I've had some good advice from the forum and am perservering for now....for that reason I am not buying any more nappies until he gets used to the ones we have got (fingers crossed!). So I wouldn't advise a big purchase to begin with....just get a couple and see how you go. You can always resell if its not for you.

Hi Ladies, thanks for the advice, I will have a look about. The other thing I meant to ask (maybe a bit silly sounding) but how do you change the nappies when your out and about? like where do you keep them etc? x

you can buy wet bags as Bekki said, you can get them in alsorts of sizes, small hold between 2-4 and large 8-10 approx.

Some examples; https://milliesnappies.web.officelive.com/Wetbags.aspx
https://www.babykind.co.uk/nappyessentials.htm#mttote

I want to say that Claire was 3 months or so before we started using cloth. :) We had a rough start with gDiapers which set us back a bit.

It's so worth it in the long run. You can always save them for the next bubs as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->