Has anyone seen their babies heartbeat yet?

branham22

Reaction score
I am 5w3d. I was at the doctor yesterday and got my beta checked again (it came back at 1,210) and it doubled from when I had it done Sunday! Yay! I go back to see the doctor tomorrow morning. The nurse told me at my appointment that, depending on my beta results, that my doctor might do an ultrasound. If he does will we be able to see the heart beat? I got an US Sunday at ER- (was having some light spotting but it was just from a uti) and they did an ultrasound and all they saw was a gestational sac. I was only 5w0d then.

So anyway lol. Will we be able to see heartbeat tomorrow if he does an ultrasound?

It would be really iffy if you could see it or not at that stage, and wouldn't really mean anything bad if you couldn't.

We did see the heartbeat at what I thought was 6+3. He bumped my due date which made me 7 weeks even on that day too though.

You most likely won't. It usually starts beating at the end of week 5/beginning of week 6 but you might. Some people see it that early. It's a toss up. We saw the heartbeat when I was 6+3.

most likely not, I had numerous early (very early) scans with my first two due to complications (bleeding, extreme pain) and both times there was no heartbeat visible until 6 weeks. infact with my son his heartbeat was extremely slow at 6+3 and they couldnt say for sure he was viable. at 5+3, realistically just go in with the expectation of seeing WHERE the baby is (ie not in tubes) and not much else!

Its more common towards end of week 6 / beginning of week 7.

If you implanted bit later than your dates its very unlikely to see at beginning of week 6.

I thought i was 7+1 but baby measured 6+5 and we seen HB if we had gone few days earlier i dont think we would have seen it.

All the best

I am 5w3d. I was at the doctor yesterday and got my beta checked again (it came back at 1,210) and it doubled from when I had it done Sunday! Yay! I go back to see the doctor tomorrow morning. The nurse told me at my appointment that, depending on my beta results, that my doctor might do an ultrasound. If he does will we be
able to see the heart beat? I got an US Sunday at ER- (was having
some light spotting but it was just from a uti) and they did an ultrasound and all they saw was a gestational sac. I was only 5w0d then.

So anyway lol. Will we be able to see heartbeat tomorrow if he does an ultrasound?

Hello, I'm exactly the same as you : ) I'm 5wks+4 days today. Due date July 12. I don't get a ultra sound till 8wks, scared and excited!

I first saw this babies heartbeat at 8 weeks. They wouldn't even attempt to look before then.

I went in at 5w6 days, but baby was measuring 6w2d and I saw the heartbeat. The earliest I've seen anyone say they saw the hb was at 5w5d, but most don't see it until 6w. GL

i didnt have an appointment until 8 weeks 6 days and thats when me and my boyfriend saw the heartbeat. it was 174 bpm. some people see it much earlier for other reasons though.

I went in measuring 6w0d and clearly saw the hb, but it does vary

Thanks for all your help! This is a pic from my ultrasound today :) The doctor said it looks perfect for being 5w4d. I go back on Monday (6w1d) and he is wanting to see the heartbeat then. I'm hoping we will be able to.
https://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/Babymomma2267/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/6BB7509C-F592-4B31-9CD7-2EAB65261451_zpsxmkbumnq.jpg

There's a pretty high chance you'll be able to see the heartbeat on Monday as long as you measure correct with dates. My doctor doesn't like to do a scan before 8 weeks (he will take a couple days earlier) just in case. Well he was thinking I was 7w 4d but I knew I was closer to 6w 4d due to ovulating on day 22 of my cycle. Anyway we went in and baby measured 6w 5d and heartbeat of 139 BPM.

Glad all went well and I hope it continues to go quite well for you. H/H 9 months.

There's a pretty high chance you'll be able to see the heartbeat on Monday as long as you measure correct with dates. My doctor doesn't like to do a scan before 8 weeks (he will take a couple days earlier) just in case. Well he was thinking I was 7w 4d but I knew I was closer to 6w 4d due to ovulating on day 22 of my cycle. Anyway we went in and baby measured 6w 5d and heartbeat of 139 BPM.

Glad all went well and I hope it continues to go quite well for you. H/H 9 months.

I hope so! Thanks! :)

I had one at 5 w 6 w and 9 weeks all a few days after the actual week. 5 weeks we saw the sac 6 weeks we saw a tiny little blob with a flicker of a hb, at 9w 4 days we seen and heard the heart beat. baby was developed to be able to see the head heart body. don't be alarmed if u don't see much

my daughter in law is afraid, I found this forum, and would like some advice, She thought she was about 5 weeks pregnant since missed period , test showed pregnancy, they for some reason did do an early sonogram, and said they saw a sack and that was all., then a week later they said they saw a yoke., however, frm the beginning for some reason, whether it was harmone levels not elevated, they old her the baby could be in trouble, and the might do a dnc, but I told her it was to earlyfor that, so they did more blood work, it was slightly elevated,but did another sonogram 8 days later, and they saw the YOKE> Am I wrong, that she might only be 4=5 weeks and not 7...she had a gall bladder removal, and endoscopy done late sept., and I am thinking it could have just caused her to be late.,,Maybe the whole date is miscalculated. My son had a vasectomy exactly 4 weeks and 4 days ago, and he said they were together just a couple of days before his procedure. What do you all think the chances are? they tell her bad new, then they tell her,well it still could be a baby...she is crying and all upset.

I think she should hang in there. I would not consent to a dnc until it was 100% confirmed that no growth and such was happening for a few weeks along with "bad" numbers. Do you know what her hcg numbers have been or why they said the baby may not thrive?

Have they done 2 ultrasounds or 3? I'm a bit confused by your post.

I saw my baby's heart beat at 5 weeks 4 days! So it is possible but I wouldn't be concerned if you don't see it. It is still very early. There wasn't much to see that early my OB had be get an ultrasound for dating because I have irregular cycles. Good Luck!

I would also advise her to wait it out. if shes going to miss carry the numbers will drop pretty low. if they r going up even slowly then its still possible. ive been in a group with tons of surrogates who test at a 25 hcg and yet still had a healthy prg. it is possible if they had sex right before his vasectomy that shes prg. like I said above at 5 wks all we seen was the sac with thickend outer ring, 6 weeks wasa yolk sac with a flicker it wasn't until 9 weeks we seen the full baby and heart beat

I had one at 5 w 6 w and 9 weeks all a few days after the actual week. 5 weeks we saw the sac 6 weeks we saw a tiny little blob with a flicker of a hb, at 9w 4 days we seen and heard the heart beat. baby was developed to be able to see the head heart body. don't be alarmed if u don't see much

All I want to see is a blob with a flicker of a heartbeat! Haha. KMFX!

Hi hun,
My scan looked exactly the same yesterday. Though I am 7 weeks, with irregular cycles, I believe I ovulated late and am abt 2 weeks off!

Have another scan in 2 weeks time, hoping for the best. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->