Has anyone started using Bio Oil yet?

clarabella

DH, DD & 2 cats!
Reaction score
I know there has been a post about Bio Oil recently, i have just bought two bottles of the internet to start using to avoid stretch marks. In my first pregnancy, i used Bio Oil and got very few stretch marks which i credit to my use of Bio Oil (i am prone to stretch marks). I didn't start using it until maybe the 4th/5th month of pregnancy last time and only used it once a day, but had intended using it from now this time. Anyway, my question is, i know it contains Vitamin A, which is supposed to be limited in pregnancy, and wondered if anyone has heard that it is unsafe for the baby? It is advertised in pregnancy mags etc, and the instructions leaflet in the box says to use twice a day from the 1st trimester in pregnancy, so am i right to assume that it's ok? Has anyone else started using it? Or is anyone avoided it due to it's contents?

Ive never heard it being harmful to the baby hun especially if it says that on the bottle. I think the earlier the better! I just use the tesco make :)

I use it twice a day... praying it will save my poor tummy from stretch marks!

hmmmm.....I did read you shouldn't use any retin A wrinkle cream because of the Vit A - My understanding was bio oil was safe.......but you can always use Palmers stretch cream if your worried.

im usler palmer cocoa butter once a day ...

im prone to stretchmarks and have had loads over my hips and thighs and bum since i was 14yrs old ... i used palmers cocoa butter formula and i coated it on my skin every night before i went bed. i would be white as a ghost all over my hips belly lower back and front lower parts! i still do it to this day and i havent gained on stretchmark. and my ones are fading :)

I've been using it 2x/day for a while and unfortunately got some new stretch marks. D'oh. I already had them mostly on my thighs and and bum from when I was more overweight and am definitely prone to them. I have a real juicy new one growing on my right hip/tummy--I'm in my 12th week and I've gained about 5 lbs so far (not great, but not crazy either) and am not even properly showing yet :hissy: I've read mixed reviews of it--but better to use it than not use it.

Im using pharmacy olive oil rather than bio oil its way cheaper just over a pound for a bottle,and doesnt have vitamin a in it its all natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->