Has anyone studied with DLC?

Distance Learning Centre doing the home access course?

If so yes i have, although quite a few years ago now in 2008! I started college to do the access course, pace was slow and the tutors trying to put a downer on me getting into uni to become a Midwife. I enrolled with the DLC, course was hard going but it got me to where i wanted to be and i passed the course in 7 months. I got a place on the Midwifery degree, although found out it wasn't what i expected. I am now studying for a Social Work degree. Totally worth it imo.

I would be interested to see if anyone has done this.. I recently dropped a history degree, with the OU because I knew I wanted to be studying social work. Considering going to college next year perhaps to study an access course, but they are being fussy about my gcse certificates, (they have ran out) and you can't even get onto the access course at my local college without your gcse grades, which I know is strange because some offer the equiv alongside the course. What annoys me about this, is the prospect of having to redo maths and english etc when last year I was completing degree level work!! (tick tock i'm 25 all ready lol)

I have visited the DLC website a few times because it looks appealing, especially the idea of being able to just get on with it without all the fuss of my local college etc... BUT one of my biggest issues with the OU was not being able to talk to someone face to face when I needed it, So I am torn! I will be watching this though incase someone does pop up with some awesome things to say about the DLC !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->