Has anyone took Clomid and fallen pregnant with twins/triplets?

CLH_X3

Love my two babies!
Reaction score
If so what days did you take it ? And how much

Yes i took chlomid and fel pregnant with twins, i wouldnt advise it's use just to try for multiples though if your perfectly fertile :)

Yes i took chlomid and fel pregnant with twins, i wouldnt advise it's use just to try for multiples though if your perfectly fertile :)

I agree, you might end up with a litter!!!

Me!!! We were TTC for around 15 months. We were in the unexplained infertility category. We tried IUI once with no meds, and it didn't work. Then on my 1st round of clomid, 50mg days 3-7 and IUI on CD 16, I got my BFP. HCG levels were good, rising fast. At my 1st scan it turned out to be twins! I am due Christmas Eve. This is the 1st time I have ever been pregnant and couldn't be more excited!

However, I also developed 2 large ovarian cysts from hyper-stimulated ovaries. I was really surprised as it was only the 1st time I took clomid and at the lowest dose. I found this on a website:

Clomid has two clearly recognized treatment risks; multiple pregnancy and ovarian cyst formation. Approximately 8% of Clomid conceptions are multiple - twins or more. This may occur even on the lowest dose of Clomid. Approximately 10% of women who are treated with Clomid will develop an ovarian cyst.

Hahaha! Lucky me, I got both!! Been to the emergency room 3 times for severe pain from the cysts. One is the size of a baseball. There is nothing they can do to treat them except surgery. Just have to hope they go away on their own. I definitely want to avoid surgery if possible.

We were on Clomid and are now pregnant w twins, however only about 10% of people who use it become pregnant w multiples...so I wouldn't use it for that specific reason. :shrug:

I also was on clomid 100mg dayd 5-9. We got pg on the 5th round. I dont ovulate on my own so thats why it was prescribed. I also formed a pretty large cyst on my left ovary from the pills.

Lesley - Did your cyst go away on its own? I have another scan on Monday so see if mine has shrunk. I am so scared it will get really painful again and I will have to go back to the ER.

Yes it went away right before my second tri. It didnt cause any pain....i only knew about it because of an ultrasound.

It took me just under 2 years to get preg with my daughter N was just about to start clomid when I got pregnant naturally ... Doc said I may have to use them this time round so was just seeing how likely it was

I fell pregnant with twins on 50mg days 4-8

i took 100mg days 2-6 it was my 3rd go

Twins after 150mgs, first cycle at that dose. We did 7 before on 100mgs but I didn't get pregnant.

So on higher dose, it was twins but see my sig.

My SIL took a large dose and popped out 6 eggs, they told her not to DTD but she did.... She only got one baby out of it. 3 eggs didnt fertilize/implant and the other two turned into cysts that disappeared on their own after the 1st trimester, the baby took all the nutrients.

ive been pregnant twice by clomid with my first it took 1 month and ended up with a lovley little boy this time round took 4 months and im now 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins i cant remeber the dosage as im not currently at home (visiting my mom haha) but if youve gotten pregnant naturally before shouldnt take to long on clomid for your your next xx

will let you know in a couple of weeks. :lol: First round of clomid this cycle. 50mg days 5-9. OV'd 2 days ago so now in the 2ww.....

I forgot to put my dose, 50mg CD2-CD6.

Was your clomid prescribed by your doc ? I was trying for ages but they wouldn't give it to me til the 2 yr mark! I see u had it after 7 months! :)

Yes it was prescribed as I had documented 45-60 day cycles with BBT and wasn't ovulating regularly so she gave it to me to get my cycles shortened to a normal length. I had never been pregnant before...I didn't take it to try for twins, in fact I was borderline devastated to find out there were two due to the higher risk of complications (I am now getting use to it and am ecstatic for my babies, but it's definitely not what my goal was).

According to my cbfm I ovulate like normal, however we r at month ten and have not fallen prego. It will be my first time ever being pregnant if my clomid works.
I'm on my third pill of 50mg... Two to go. Say a prayer! And any advice would be more than appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->