Has anyone took Clomid and fallen pregnant with twins/triplets?

I wasn't wanting twins either. We did IUI the 1st time without clomid since I was so scared of twins. I knew the chance of twins with clomid was around 8-10% so I convinced myself there was such a small chance there was no way it would happen to me. Finding out about twins was super overwhelming for a while and still overwhelming at times but we are also so incredibly excited and happy!

I will be happy with whatever :) my sister in law has twins and my best friend. I think if it happens with your first pregnancy it is easier b.c you won't know a difference...
What does it mean "iui"?
I really do not want to take anymore, but this will only be round one

I will be happy with whatever :) my sister in law has twins and my best friend. I think if it happens with your first pregnancy it is easier b.c you won't know a difference...
What does it mean "iui"?
I really do not want to take anymore, but this will only be round one

Good luck and I hope your TWW goes by fast!! Clomid worked the 1st time for me, so it is possible.

IUI is inter uterine insemination. They took my husband's sperm and injected it directly into my uterus.

Clomid gave me 3 ripe follicles so I am very grateful there are only two babies and not three!!

I am hoping not to have to do that iui, only bc of $... My deductible is outrageous.
Thanks ... I was told to bd every other day? I am suppose to ovulate day 15, I take my last pill Tuesday...

I have heard every other day as well, and then stay laying down for 20 minutes after. After the IUIs the doc had me lay there for 15 minutes before leaving. So there is probably some truth to that.

We did IUI because my co-pay was only $5, so we figured, why not? We were unexplained infertility and getting really frustrated and thought maybe my uterus was just not very nice to my husband's sperm! We have no way of knowing if the IUI did the trick or if it was from BD-ing, But the clomid definitely worked!!

I am hoping not to have to do that iui, only bc of $... My deductible is outrageous.
Thanks ... I was told to bd every other day? I am suppose to ovulate day 15, I take my last pill Tuesday...

If you have a 35 day cycle I doubt you ovulate on CD15? Are you charting your cycles and everything? I didn't ovulate until CD22 on Clomid.

And IUI is usually about $700 if you're self-pay, you might check into it - I don't think it'd be the price of your whole deductible.

mrswemyss - I have to agree with BabyBumpAhead on when you most likely ovulate. Without clomid it would be closer to day 20 or 21 with a 35 day cycle, and clomid tends to make you O later....But I have also heard that clomid shortens your cycles. You should get the clear blue easy digital ovulation tests and start using them each morning after like CD 12. Or just BD every other day from like day 12 through 25! That could get tiring though :) Will you have a scan to see how many follicles the clomid produced?

Well it varies, sometimes its day 19 sometimes 22 .. I have a cbfm to test and I will have Bloodwork to confirm I ovulated...

Lot so you ladies have already answered this question, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. :winkwink: My OH has some serious issues with his sperm, but I have no fertility issues. However, we did start using Clomid in conjunction with IUI's from the start. I started on 50mg of Clomid, & quickly found that if I did 2 cycles in a row like this, I started to release 2 eggs. Regardless, we didn't get a BFP until IUI #6. For that cycle, my Dr. decided to up my dose of Clomid to 100mg and also had me take Ovidril...and I released three eggs that cycle. We finally got a BFP this last time, and we had our first Dr's appointment yesterday, and I am now 10 weeks preggo with triplets. So yeah....you can definitely get pregnant with multiples taking Clomid.

Lot so you ladies have already answered this question, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. :winkwink: My OH has some serious issues with his sperm, but I have no fertility issues. However, we did start using Clomid in conjunction with IUI's from the start. I started on 50mg of Clomid, & quickly found that if I did 2 cycles in a row like this, I started to release 2 eggs. Regardless, we didn't get a BFP until IUI #6. For that cycle, my Dr. decided to up my dose of Clomid to 100mg and also had me take Ovidril...and I released three eggs that cycle. We finally got a BFP this last time, and we had our first Dr's appointment yesterday, and I am now 10 weeks preggo with triplets. So yeah....you can definitely get pregnant with multiples taking Clomid.

Wow! Congrats!!

I ovulate normal according to my cbfm, I have never had bloodwork to confirm, has anyone else taken clomid although u ovulate as far as you know?

I ask b/c I am took my very last pill today of clomid... and I am praying that it worked succesfully for me , and I really can not afford/ do not want IUI.... because my deductible is so high for my insurance.

I ovulated on my own like 75%-80% of the time on my own before taking Clomid.

I ovulated on my own, but my periods were irregular. We tried for 15 months and something just wasn't working. I reluctantly used clomid and BAM pregnant. So I wonder if I was ovulating but my eggs just weren't good enough, or my luteal phase was too short. Who knows.

That's what I wondered too. If maybe my eggs were of poor quality. We got pregnant on our 2nd try of clomid, and the first I screwed up and didn't even take right so I knew the first cycle wouldn't work anyway

I ovulate normal according to my cbfm, I have never had bloodwork to confirm, has anyone else taken clomid although u ovulate as far as you know?

I ask b/c I am took my very last pill today of clomid... and I am praying that it worked succesfully for me , and I really can not afford/ do not want IUI.... because my deductible is so high for my insurance.

I was technically ovulating on my own, but my cycles were 40-60 days long. At one point I had a temp chart confirm ovulation on CD48. FORTY EIGHT! So, my doctor was like...uh...that's not normal, let's you get on a schedule to have more than 5 periods a year. So, yah I guess I was ovulating on my own, but not correctly. :shrug:

Thanks, San Fran Shan. :)

CLH_X3, Ovidril is an injectible drug that forces your body to ovulate. And even though we knew I ovulate all on my own, it makes it easier to time the IUI just right. They know the exact day that you'll be ovulating if you take Ovidril.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->