Has anyone took metoclopramide before?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
Just been prescribed them today due to my sickness getting worse and not better. I'm 12+2. Just wondered if they worked for you. Did they stop the sickness? And did they stop the feeling of sickness too?

Yes, I was on Metoclopramide and another one for hyperemesis and it did help 100%, it was pretty much instant and I didn't get any effects from it like I did cyclizine which they tried me on first. I only came off of it properly 2 weeks ago at 20 weeks! Give yourself some relief :) and if it doesn't work for you there are other medicines :) x

Thankyou :). How long was you on it for all together? x

From 8 weeks until 15 on a full dose, then one or 2 a day until 20 weeks. I was on cyclizine from 6+5 x

I tried cyclezine first for my severe hyperemesis when I was pregnant with my daughter and that did nothing but give me headaches. I then got put on metaclopramide which helped a little for a few weeks, then stopped working, I was then on a combination of the two which did nothing. I then tried promethazine which kind of worked for a few weeks but mainly just made me super drowsy. I ended up on ondansetron from 17 weeks until I gave birth, and that little magical pill was my saviour! It' took a good month for it to stop my sickness completely, but if I stopped taking it then I'd be back to square one and needing IV fluids within 24 hours.

I hope your sickness eases up soon, it's absolutely bloody awful and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->