Has anyone tried checking their own cervix?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I tried but I can’t reach it! The second time I tried, I could reach the edge of it enough to feel it was very soft (but not being a Dr, I have no idea how thinned our that is), but I couldn’t reach the middle to see if I was dilated at all!

Anyone else tried?

I did try. I couldn’t reach mine either the first time , second time I could just about reach and fit a fingertip into my cervix which was also soft , didn’t try again after that as I had a sweep at 38+5 and it was far back then and midwife could just about reach Although I do have a tilted womb . Not sure if this has anything to do with it!

I ended up going over 6 days !

I'm gonna have to hold my hands up here to. I had a check and I think I cud feel it but not the opening as I cudnt reach that part. It was quite high up. Not sure if I was even feeling the right thing or not hahahaha. Decided not to prod around to much because I dont want to cause any irritation. But was just curious because of all the strong BH I've been having.
I think I'll leave it to the experts hahaha.
Just hoping when I go in for my induction that they wont have to give the the medication and they can just go ahead and break my waters like last time.

I did try. I couldn’t reach mine either the first time , second time I could just about reach and fit a fingertip into my cervix which was also soft , didn’t try again after that as I had a sweep at 38+5 and it was far back then and midwife could just about reach Although I do have a tilted womb . Not sure if this has anything to do with it!

I ended up going over 6 days !

I have a tilted womb to hon. Oh god did they have to pull ot forward when they did ure sweep? They did that to me b4 and it hurt like hell.
Sorry u went 6 days over. I went 14 days over with ds1.
Thankfully the latest I can go is 38 weeks because I'm being induced between 37 and 38 weeks so I dont have to worry about going over due.
Going over sucks big time.
It makes the pregnany so much longer. I just cant wait to meet my little man now. But totally shitting it about giving birth.
:help:

I’ve always had to make fists with my hands and put them under my bum ! I only found this out after DD1 and I had my first smear test.

I went 9 days over with DD1 ... my hat off to you going 14 days over! I was so ready for DS to be born too and he was engaged for 3 weeks and I was 2cm dilated for those weeks ! So uncomfortable !

Glad you won’t be going over this time ! Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->