has anyone used a baby pillow to solve flat head?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
Rebeccas head is quite flat at the back and HV has said to encourage tummy time etc (which she hates) I have found Goi Goi pillows and Love Nest pillows on the internet, just wondering if anyone has tried them and did they see an improvement?

I use a pillow, not sure of the brand, it has like a hole in the middle for her head to go in, just like my avatar

Yes and no....

Emma used ot lieo n her side all the time, and she would also come into bed with us some times and sleep on/over a pillow.

My LO didn't like tummy time at first either, which is quite common. TBH, they NEED it to so they don't get flat head. Just make sure LO is not hungry, doesn't need changed... then put them on their tummy and if they fuss or cry -- so be it. You can also get down there with them and play, talk to them, play with toys with them. That helped my LO get more used to it. Now he doesn't mind.

He also likes to lay with his chest propped on his Bobby sometimes. But I don't let his happen too often as it makes it impossible for him to practices rolling over, arm strength, and learning to scoot/crawl.

AH my HV said exact same thing but my LO HATES tummy time, even when i prop her up with rolled up blanket under chest. Cannot stand it! She has plenty of time upright as well as lay on back so i'm not concerned. Dont think i've known a baby without a bit of a flat head! xx

where dya get these pillows from ? x

My lo has a bit of a flat head but since she has been sitting up more its seems 2 be slowly fading so i would worry yourself to much over, she also couldnt use a pillow because she moves 2 much and now sleep on her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->