Has anyone used the 'birth afterthoughts' service?

lillmoo

mummy to little Ethan :)
Reaction score
I got put out for my c sec, and have issues with my labour, and have been told this could be really helpful for me, anyone done this?:shrug:

I used this service after complications during my last labour which ended in an emergency c-section, I found it very useful and informative it was explained what had happened in last labour and what will need to be done in next pregnancy.
I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with #2 and was prepared for appointments with the consultant to discuss things.

I say go for it :)

tried to call them but they weren't picking up, will try again 2moz, really want to do this now!

I contacted my local PALS service and they are contacting the clinical nurse manager to pull my records and we go from there :thumbup:

I am very anxious and scared about the next birth so want to discuss my LO's birth before I take the leap to get pregnant.

I had a debrief about my labour and delivery as I'm traumatised by what happened after a long and painful latent phase of 4 days, failed forceps and then EMCS under GA as I could feel them when they started cutting me with the epidural. It was helpful to have the consultant go through it with me and to let me know I would be supported on whatever delivery method I wanted if I ever felt able to go through another pregnancy. So go for it but I think time will be the greatest healer hopefully as no amount of discussion can actually change what happened. Good luck and I'm sorry your labour experience was not a good one x I'm 8 weeks post natal btw so very early days.

I found it of limited use as it wasnt counselling, a senior MW went through my notes with me and explained what was done and why but I understood all of that anyway.

I wasn't happy about what was done and why - it was all the stuff not in the notes that bothered me like why I was ignored for hours and then why no one spoke to me in theatre despite me being alone in there?

I found it useful to get the facts straight but I requested birth counselling from my MW/HV and got 6 sessions to go through some things with a trained counsellor was also an ex MW.

i start my therapy sessions on wednesday for it, the lady sounded lovely, and helped me not feel too much of a drama queen, hope it helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->