Has anyone's sickness been worse with a boy?

clacko

Reaction score
People usually say that sickness is worse with girls but has anyone had it the other way round? This is my third baby and suffered with hyperemesis with all three.

My first a boy was terrible, laid in bed for a good few weeks and was admitted to hospital twice.

My second a girl, was admitted to hospital twice also, but then I had a little boy to look after so maybe this is why it didn't seem as bad.

This baby, I have been admitted twice but having all day nausea, sick every morning on waking without fail and often sick a few times during the day even with medication.

I can only go on what I remember of my other two as I think I more or less forgot how bad it was as soon as it was over. With my
First I was able to just stay in bed when felt rubbish so perhaps that's why. Just this time seems to be similar to my first.

Of course may not be related at all and just how my body copes with hyperemesis!

Just wanted to say I feel your pain. I too have just been discharged from hospital after a two night stay. I feel sick all day and am sick on waking.
My problem is my sensitive nose and all sorts of smells setting me off!

Did you find when you were in hospital on the drip you didn't feel as bad?

I had a boy first and had a nausea for a few weeks but was never actually sick. Obviously this time I don't know yet what it is but I am dying to know!

Yes, I felt so much better when I was on the drip and having the sickness medication in injection form instead of tablets. I now have tablets that melt under your lip which work better but I'm still sick just not as much. I'm 13 weeks now and really hoping it starts to settle soon :-( x

When did yours start? What about in your previous pregnancies? When did it ease in them?

It started at around week 6. From what I remember it eased first time around 20 weeks, second time I think it was 14-16 weeks. What about you? X

I had hyperemsis first time round with my boy, this time just morning sickness within a normal range. I don't personally really buy all the boy/girl stuff I know people who've had identical pregnancies and different genders tho ask me in a few months what I'm having, if it's a girl maybe I'll change my mind! So sorry you've been through it 3 times now, I was so scared of having if a second time, such a hard thing to go through.

It's an awful thing to have. Especially when other people don't understand it. Iv never really bought the boy girl stuff either but then people iv known have had different pregnancies when having girls. Who knows. Personally I think it's just how sensitive you are to hormones maybe! I know for certain this time that this is our last baby now x

I've heard the extra male hormones in your body when having a boy can make you more sick. My mil only had boys but she had hg with both but at a time within the memory of the thalidomide babies so didn't have any medication with my dh but had to work bil because she couldn't look after dh.
Xx

I noticed with my boy that my hairs on legs and that grew super quick which is the same this time. Didn't notice with my girl so can't be sure if was just from pregnancy :-/

I noticed with my boy that my hairs on legs and that grew super quick which is the same this time. Didn't notice with my girl so can't be sure if was just from pregnancy :-/

I was extra hairy with ds, I am dark haired anyway but my top lip was a lot more noticeable. I had linea niagra (sp) really dark all the way up my belly which didn't go for ages. Once that went my excess hair toned down a bit. Xx

I just don't think my body copes well with early pregnancy and late pregnancy. I have sickness until second trimester and then third trimester I get preeclampsia. X

ME my first tri I was WAY more sick than was with dd. xx

I'm convinced must be a boy. Iv just been released from hospital after been admitted again yesterday :-(

I had very mild MS with DS. I do know dutchess kate was admitted in her pregnancy with george for HG though...

How do you know when you should be hospitalized?

I am suffering really badly :(

Sorry your having such a rough time, I hope you begin to feel better soon xx

Been admitted usually happens if you cannot keep anything at all down, not even sips of water. I was sick 14 times in one day. Your doctor will check your ueine and if a lot of ketones are present you will need rehydrating. If your struggling go to your doctor and get sickness meds before it gets too bad x

I can always sip water - the problem is that when I eat I sick up the food AND the water.

I think I will go to the doctors anyway, my wee is really yellow and I feel dehydrated.

Always worth checking. If your tolerating drinks just drink what you can, something will stay down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->