Has breastfeeding helped you lose weight?

It never did for me. Even with a healthy eating and so on Breastfeeding never helped me lose extra pounds.

For some reason, the last half stone never comes off with me while I'm still bfing! But as soon as I stop, it comes off without me doing anything differently! :-/

I never lost any weight until after 6 months. Then it just fell off without me doing anything much. I did got back to work then, so perhaps that helped, but I'm still eating like a freak as I'm so Goddamn hungry all the time.

Ben and Jerry - You're not helping me!!!!! *shakes fist*

I have lost 60 pounds since giving birth. I stopped keeping junk in the house, but I haven't counted calories or exercised other than walking the baby. I attribute the weight loss to the breastfeeding, as I really haven't been trying to lose weight and it just keeps coming off! :shrug:

I lose a lot of weight BF, with my first I had dropped 2 dress sizes by the time I stopped, I didn't look very healthy though it honestly felt like he drained the life from me, my appetite never really increased but he fed around the clock, he was 20lb before I even started solids at 6 months.

I haven't noticed as much of a difference this time around, but he doesnt feed barely at all and is a smaller baby, I've also been eating a lot more this time (giving birth at xmas didn't help!!) I am back to my pre pregnancy size though and was almost straight away.

I'm starting back at the gym next week though as I am mindful I will probably put weight on once I stop BF.

It makes your metabolism 3 times faster on average, but we can get increased appetites as well so it'll affect women differently.

I ate like a horse but still lost tons. I was a stone less than pre preg weight after a year bfing. Once I stopped i didn't adjust my eating though, and put it all back on again. Ah well.

Didn't lose weight before 6 months with either of mine. But with DD it fell off after 6 months (still bf) so I'm hoping the same happens this time as he's just turned 6 months!

With DS1, I went from 155 pre-pregnancy to 197 end of pregnancy. Breastfeeding and walks outside brought me as low as 125 (a weight I hadn't seen in 15 years) :nope: I eventually found my ideal weight in the 140s.

This time I started at 140, ended at 167. At 6 weeks pp, I'm at 150 and still going down.

For me, it's a combo of BFing and stroller walks.

I don't have scales but going by dress sizes, I was a size smaller than pre pregnancy about 4 months after DD was born.
This time DS is only 11 days old and my belly is almost back to normal. BF hunger hasn't kicked in yet though, I'm still eating smaller amounts and healthily due to being used to GD diet so it's not all down to BF. I didn't really put any weight on other than the belly this time though.

I didn't lose a single lb while BF DS1 for 6 months. In fact, I think I probably put it on :blush:

I doubt I'll lose this time either, even with a toddler to run around after as well as a baby to look after, simply because I am STARVING all the time so am eating loads :dohh:

I didn't really notice any significant weight loss for about 6 months, but after that I definitely did- I was probably the slimest I'd ever been (or same as my pre wedding body!). But my LG comfort fed too and was feeding for me about every 2 hours which probably made a difference!

I'm two stone lighter than my pre pregnancy weight and I eat what I want and do very infrequent exercise. I dread stopping breastfeeding, I'm going to balloon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->