Has having a baby made you grow up? :)

C

Ceejay123

I must say having my LO has changed me so much.. I barely recognise the person I was. I used to drink 5 nights a week ( I was only 20, and thought it was okay!) I got so bad tempered and annoyed by the littlest things. Drama.. Was a huge deal!

Now.. I'm so placid, nothing matters except my LO! It's changed me so much for the better. I drink perhaps once every 2 weeks, while OH has little one or he's in bed. I see there are finer things in life now. x

It took me a while to grow up and not pine for night out, but now I'm definitely a proper married lady (minus the wedding ring lol) I knit, garden and even been to a WI meeting lol

Well I was always a relatively sensible girl (Well I did you out of control for a bit when I was 18.... but moving on swiftly). But I have definitely matured, my priorities have changed. I think i'm a better person.

Yes. I was heavily into drinking and most drugs. My life was getting out of control, I was depressed and doing ever more stupid things. Alot of the people I knew at that time are either still there or gone totally off the rails.
Nearly 4 years later I am a married mum of 2 who rarely drinks and would never dream of taking drugs,
My life has totally changed!
My attitude is so different, I was selfish and erratic before and very unreliable
Having responsibility for another person changes you, it makes you think of others before yourself, so many of my opinions have changed now I am a parent!
All in I think I am a much better person since I had my babies, I dont like to think about what my life would be if I didn't have them..

Yes!! I wouldn't say im totally different as we waited and tried for our LO but I was 23 when I had him and I think iv done a fair bit of growing up since!! X

In some countries its even worse.. Marriage at 12 and LO at 15 ... So Pity

Aww it's nice to meet other ladies who felt similarly to me :) It still surprises me now when I get treated like a proper grown up! :p

Do any of your ladies remember taking your kids to nursery/school thinking "oh my god, all the other mums are older/scarily respectable/posh-looking" I eventually found some lovely mum-friends and even the scarey looking ones were perfectly nice... or maybe I've got old! lol

Well I don't do drugs and rarely have more than a cider on a day out anyway(I didnt drink any alcohol till I was about 21 -22 yo anyway)
It can still make you grow up in other ways I guess though :p

deffo - my bedroom in my youth had an "open plan filing system" ie everything on the floor lol now my house isn't like a showroom (i have 2 kids after all) but I actually hoover/dust etc on a fairy regular basis lol

Yes. I am 25 and sometimes I feel a lot older than I am. I love being a mum but when the girls go to stay with FOB every other weekend it gives me a chance to be me. I can then be my age rather than just mummy. I do miss them but it is so nice to have a break sometimes.

It's changed me for sure, although think its actually made me less "grown up"

I no longer feel responsible for anyone and everyone I meet,
I am much more selfish with my time-it's for me and lo now, not spending all my spare time helping others paint their homes etc.
I couldn't care less about going back to work, and it's a real pull to get back on the career ladder I've work so hard for.

I am happy to blow raspberries in public, sing, nom feet, and I chat away like a mad person round the supermarket to her, whereas before I was quite reserved...anything to keep her happy and improve her development.

It's changed my perspective and priorities. And I wouldn't swap it for all the tea in china.
X

Nope! I dont drink and I dont ever go clubbing (hate it) But I al always giggling and laughing, lifes to short to be serious in public all the time. I love parks and days out, I love acting mad and just not being serious!

Totally, I've become wiser to things and more open to opinions, I was a close minded person before! I go out now and again, but tend to
Get knackered by 10pm :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->