Has he turned?

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
As some of the December mums know, I had really bad pains in my stomach and back last night, and someone mentioned it might be babba turning.

Well Leo has been head down since 20 weeks and usually when he gets hiccups i can feel them at the bottom of my bump as he was head down.
Bit since I woke up today Ive had quite sore ribs and I can feel his hiccups up at the top of my bump.

Does this mean he has turned and gone breech?? :cry:
If he is will he turn back again??

x

There is still time for him to turn yes. I aint sure how many weeks they say up until but it's around 36 weeks I think? I hope if he has turned, he goes back to being were he should, the little devil. x

If he stays breech up untill that point what does it mean? That Id have to have a C-section??

xx

I don't know hun. They'd either try and help him turn -or- talk about a c-section. But I don't know 100% :? I don't want to be wrong and look stupid, lol. I'm sure others will know more about it than me. x

i hope he hasnt turned hun, i was breech and my mum had a c-section with me but i dunno they might try and get him to turn

He could have turned, but you've still got time yet. My baby was thought to be breech at 33+wks and 35+wks so i got sent for a scan last week. Luckily my baby was head down, if she wasn't then i would have had to see a consultant to discuss my options, either have the baby turned or c-section.

Try not to worry at the moment, difficult i know.

Yeah about 36 weeks you will be checked and if they think baby is in wrong position you'll get a position scan. id this does confirm breech then you will have options such ECV, which is basically trying to turn the baby from the outside; or you might be able to deliver naturally depending on what sort of breech and what your maternity unit is like; otherwise they'll probably book you for an elective section at about 39 weeks. Obviously if baby turns in the mean time then they'll go back to a natural birth.

Yeap he could of quite possibly turned but i wouldnt worry too much hun, if he's turned then he can turn back

Thanks for your help ladies.
I'll ask at my appointment next wednesday what position hes in.
I realllyy wouldnt want a C-section so I hope he's gona be a good boy!!

xx

i wish i could answer your question but i have thought the same thing, jaydens been head down for as long as i can remember, and at my last midwife appointment (2 weeks ago) she said that his head was engaging and was at the pelvic brim, and everytime he's had hiccups its been in one place, then when jayden had hiccups the other day it were in a total different place! i wouldnt worry to much though hun, the whole time jaydens been head down and had hiccups ive always felt it above or just around my belly button..so not to sure, sorry i couldnt be more help xxx

Yeah same here. Ive felt his hiccups up at the top but also felt kicks at the top.
I dont know what hes up to!!
Naughty little babies!!

xx

i know haha! he's been a right monkey lately, i got woke up the other night, by a huge bump sticking out the top of my bump, i think it was a foot or something (i was half asleep!) but god, it hurt! xxx

he still has tons of time to move! I know the feeling though, Meredith was head down then turned transverse, then flipped back down again. When she did her big flips I might as well have had a baby elephant in there, it felt like my whole body was shaking and it hurt hah.

If he does stay breech, they can try to turn him, give you a c-section, and some (not a lot, but some) doctors will still do a breech delivery as long as he isn't footlong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->