has my body gone crazy?!

irish_rose3

Mommy to 1 Angel
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the m/c section or here...guess either place is fine.
(And I go to the doc tomorrow for "follow up" blood work- but out of curiousity...)
A little background info:
3 weeks ago I began miscarrying. My first blood test was 800 something, the next day in the 600s then 5 days later in the 100s. Doc said (I had a natural mc) that everything seemed to be going fine and didn't see any reason to worry about the process or my health.

I stopped bleeding (finally!) about 7-8 days ago. When I was spotting some we DTD and have a couple more times in the past week. Strange thing is...I'm feeling pregnancy symptoms again it seems. Thought it might be AF or maybe ovulation symtoms, but 1) my breasts are tender- full 1st in morning and at night- but just from the nipple down. Usually when they hurt it's the whole breast. I've had twinges and mild cramps in my lower abdomen, slight nausea.

My question is- after mc, has anyone else experienced this? And what was the result?

Btw, my pregnancy symptoms before disappeared a couple days after I had my levels checked last.

Ooh do a pregnancy test - I've heard that straight after a miscarriage women can be at peak fertility so it could be you have caught again. Fx it is a good result for you xx

Irish Rose, I'm very sorry for your loss. May God bless you with a healthy pregnancy when the time is right.
The only problem with doing a HPT is that your Hcg levels might not be <5 just yet. It took me 4 weeks to hit that point. I would get blood work done to be sure which you should do anyways to make sure all the fetal tissue has been expelled. Did you actually have unprotected sex since the MC? I MC at the end of April and for whatever reason I honestly don't remember having many PG symptoms before the first AF, plenty of cramping, but nothing with my breasts. Good luck sweety.

Thanks girls for your responses. :hug: to you both for your losses as well.
I had to go get blood work done today to see if my levels were back to normal but won't know anything til tomorrow. :( I hope that maybe I did catch another bean :) afraid to test just in case my levels aren't back to norm. Don't want false hope.

Oh, and yes, we did have unprotected sex right after.

Good luck and baby dust to all!

Irish, just thinking of ya girl. Let us know what the results of your blood work were, okay? :hug:

:hug: thanks, Dietrad- I will keep you posted as soon as I hear something :) thank you for thinking of me!

I called and got my lab results and they said everything is back to normal. I guess I will wait and see if my "symptoms" turn into more.

Okay, at least now you know hormonally you're make to normal, I would image that everything else should follow suit soon. How do you feel today?

hey Dietrad- today, pretty much the same as far as my symptoms go. Crappy otherwise- OH is being an ass. I wish this month would end. It's been an awful month. :hugs: how are you?

:hug: Irish! Hormones suck! It's really not fair what we go through and men really don't have a clue. FX'd for you to getting back to feeling normal. I don't know if this will help but it really bothered me how my OH was like "these things happen, it will be okay" like it wasn't a big deal when I MC. I didn't think it was fair how easily he came to terms with it. Then finally, earlier this month out of the blue he said, "you know, if you were still PG, you would be 19wks along". It floored me, it was the first indicator that he did care that I wasn't PG anymore. I don't know if that's a little bit of what you're going through with your OH but I just wanted to share that even when we ask what they think or feel, they still bottle it up.
Now I'm suppose to OV in a day or two, hoping for a more defined BBT drop and spike ( didn't really have one last month) and I'm worried my hormones are still too screwed up and that I might have to wait yet another month. :cry:

Best wishes to you Dietrad. FXed it all works out :) yeah, I tried to explain to him yesterday, but I don't think he'll understand the severity of it. He cried when I first told him about it, but that's been it. Any other time it's "oh, these things happen" etc. We have probs off and on anyway, but last night was the worst by far. I'm still hurting from it today. He chooses to run whenever something bothers him. I won't go into more detail right now.

Thank you for your support- please keep me posted on how things work out for you. :hug:

Thanks Irish, I will!!!! I hope things get worked out b/n you and your OH. It's never an easy road to travel. :flow:

It's great how close in distance we are, btw :) and no, it's far from easy. I'll be glad to see July go away for I can get further in time from the current probs w us and my mc.

I was thinking that early how it was cool that you were just a couple of states away.
I hear on wanting to put some distance on this whole situation. Prayers and fairy dust to ya girl!
:dust:

I will!!!:winkwink:
So today is a bummer. Last month I didn't really have defined BBT drop and spike and it looks like this month is doing the same thing. I know I have a couple more days left, things could change tomorrow or Sunday but I have a sinking feeling that I'm not going to OV yet again. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->