Has the price of SMA rised or am I going to rip off shops?

Dont get excited girls the leveller is crap!! Its basically a tiny bit of the tin just in a straight line stuck out a little I thought it would be like C&G's or Aptamils but nowhere near as good completely pointless IMO!!

Its £9.36 where I live!

Dont get excited girls the leveller is crap!! Its basically a tiny bit of the tin just in a straight line stuck out a little I thought it would be like C&G's or Aptamils but nowhere near as good completely pointless IMO!!

Its £9.36 where I live!

You have really put a downer on my sat night now :cry:

Im joking!! Lol
I have no idea what aptamils of C&G levelers look like..
X

ha ha ha sorry :flower: i was gutted too!

Basically the C&G/Aptamil levellers are further in and level off easier whereas the SMA one is really barely noticeable on the rim of the tin and formula goes everywhere - its certainly not good enough to justify the massive price increase!! xx

Anyone else think SMA tastes and smells like sick? the others are really creamy and sweet I feel guilty for givig her SMA now lol xx

Yes its vile.. I made myself a little rule before LO was born that i wouldnt give her anything im not prepared to eat or drink myself..
But shes on sma staydown for reflux so unfordunatly she doesnt have a choice with that..
I mentioned my weird theory to the doc - it just came up in a convo, he said 'try adding a little lemon juice or honey'... :dohh::dohh::shrug:

Ive changed doctors now!!!
X

HONEY???!! what a.silly doctor they can't have honey til 1 year!!

oh gosh no sont give her honey, stupid dr.

i am absolutly gutted now :cry: i wanted to have a fun gadget on the tin :( :rofl:

i dont like the smell of sma but i havent smelt any other milk before. i havent tasted it altho i did taste Jaidens sick when he puked in my mouth when i kissed him :dohh:

and tht tasted vile!! :rofl:

ha ha Lianne bless him! Eww sick! yum!!

I tried her with some Aptamil but think its too sweet she just didnt want it, switched to follow on today though cheaper!x

how come the follow on milk is cheaper?

Because they are allowed to put special offers on it and it's not a 'breastmilk substitute' - basically it's classed as a foodstuff so the prices are allowed to be changed in line with retail competition. It's all to do with the 'breast is best' and the fact that they're not allowed to advertise/specail offer 1st stage formula, but follow in is fair game.

Earl really didn't get on with the red-top follow on btw just to warn you. It gave him really bad tummy ache and nappy rash. He had the 1st stage up to 1 year then the toddler milk (which smells and tastes like custard!) for 3 months after that.

Ava wont drink the follow on! She's point blank refused any milk since last night! The thing is to me the follow on actually tastes a bit better (still disgusting) than the first milk! Just gonna continue using the first might even switch to C&G as its cheaper! £9.35 a tin is ridiculous!!x

it is ridiculous. if u have a lloyds pharmancy near u, they are meant to be keeping the same price, might take a walk dwn there at some point too see. actually will check the website.,

anyone changed to a different brand cos of the price rise?

Follow on is seriously constipating Ava, going back to first milk but wondering whether to just switch to C&G as its cheaper!

i havent changed hun, but i dont think it does them any harm does it?

no it doesnt do any harm just dont want to mess her around again as we tried everything going when we didnt know she had silent reflux just thought she was a fussy baby lol x

no it doesnt do any harm just dont want to mess her around again as we tried everything going when we didnt know she had silent reflux just thought she was a fussy baby lol x

Can you afford to bulk buy? I have bought 10 tins at the old price from lloyds pharmacy.

shes on the new formula of SMA though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"