• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has your husband/boyfriend changed since you are pregnant?

So things like..the curtain rod and whatnot....yeah THAT would drive me nuts....because it's not my house...is OUR HOME and he should be just as involved.....so if I were you I'd be doing something like...make a nice dinner and then sit down with him and calmly explain things need to change...SURE they're gonna forget now and then....and need reminding...but even if they do it 1 every 5 times....I'm happy!hahaha..

haha 1 in 5 haha true, at least i could get 1!!!

me and hubby have been together almost 13 years now. been married for 5. it isn't the first time i've had to talk to him about things changing. but he seems to get better right after we "talked", then slowly back to normal. in all seriousness, unless we have had a huge fight where i cry and all, or else his changes usually don't stick.

just like he had a problem with drinking (never had one before, but developed one when i was overseas for two years, long story), and it took me about 3 years to get him to realize his drinking has to slow down or i'd walk. took lots of fights, lots of crying, even me seriously thinking of divorce.

Me and my husband were both pretty wild when we met. We met in our early 20s at a hippie music festival. We've both grown and matured during our relationship. In the first 2 years we went out and partied a lot..then it started to slow down each year. I told him children weren't in the picture until we were both completely ready and calmed down. A year and a half ago we got to the point where neither of us drank or went out anymore so we started seriously discussing getting pregnant. And last February we did :)

I've always done all the cleaning and he's done all the cooking. But since I've been out of work I've done both although he'll cook some nights. When I was diagnosed with HELLP and had our son at 30 weeks he did everything for a couple weeks.

I just found out I was pregnant this past Friday, and since my husband has gotten kind of annoying, haha. I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy, even my doctor said I need to wait a couple weeks before I first go in, so as of now I'm still able to do everything on my own. But he seems to think that I'm a fragile flower now, and the cat can't lay on my stomach, she's going to squish the baby.

He also admitted to me yesterday that he's afraid to have sex with me now. He's worried that it's going to hurt me or the baby. I didn't even know what to say to him.

He also loves playing video games, so I told him to get in as much game time as he can, because in 9 months (or less depending on how things go) he's not going to be able to play so much. So he said he's done playing video games, because he's going to be a dad, and dad's don't play video games.

Now, sure those are good things, but I wish he would just relax a little bit.

I just found out I was pregnant this past Friday, and since my husband has gotten kind of annoying, haha. I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy, even my doctor said I need to wait a couple weeks before I first go in, so as of now I'm still able to do everything on my own. But he seems to think that I'm a fragile flower now, and the cat can't lay on my stomach, she's going to squish the baby.

He also admitted to me yesterday that he's afraid to have sex with me now. He's worried that it's going to hurt me or the baby. I didn't even know what to say to him.

He also loves playing video games, so I told him to get in as much game time as he can, because in 9 months (or less depending on how things go) he's not going to be able to play so much. So he said he's done playing video games, because he's going to be a dad, and dad's don't play video games.

Now, sure those are good things, but I wish he would just relax a little bit.

your hubby is the complete opposite of mine lol

i guess coz when i found out i was pregnant my body was already hating me, lol i could barely do anything. but my hubby thought i was this superwoman lol

Great question...

I think like some other ladies.. I've seen good changes and bad behavior. When I first found out I was pregant and got morning sickness, he was very bitchy. I didn't actually ever throw up (but was still insanely sick. Lost 8 lbs) so he admitted to me once that he thought I was "making up morning sickness" so that I didn't have to help around the house. It was infuriating. I tried to explain to him that I felt like I had the world's worst hangover for 4 months. Eventually he started to lighten up a bit, but was still complaining because I wasn't helping make dinner or do the dishes. I literally laid on the couch for the first 4 months. I was so sick. We got in a LOT of fights because he didn't feel I was pulling my weight and I had to explain to him that I was creating a human being!!

Now that i'm showing and we know the gender, he's been a lot better. He helps carry stuff and takes out the trash and doesn't complain TOO much about it. Sometimes he gets a little whiny but it doesn't last long. He also seems to be jealous of me getting attention now that i'm pregnant. That's kind of annoying.

He doesn't do well on minimal sleep and gets very grouchy, so i'm kind of dreading the first couple months when we are both sleep deprived!

Yes!

He has matched me pound for pound! LOL!:haha:

(With both pregnancies):hugs:

Great question...

I think like some other ladies.. I've seen good changes and bad behavior. When I first found out I was pregant and got morning sickness, he was very bitchy. I didn't actually ever throw up (but was still insanely sick. Lost 8 lbs) so he admitted to me once that he thought I was "making up morning sickness" so that I didn't have to help around the house. It was infuriating. I tried to explain to him that I felt like I had the world's worst hangover for 4 months. Eventually he started to lighten up a bit, but was still complaining because I wasn't helping make dinner or do the dishes. I literally laid on the couch for the first 4 months. I was so sick. We got in a LOT of fights because he didn't feel I was pulling my weight and I had to explain to him that I was creating a human being!!

Now that i'm showing and we know the gender, he's been a lot better. He helps carry stuff and takes out the trash and doesn't complain TOO much about it. Sometimes he gets a little whiny but it doesn't last long. He also seems to be jealous of me getting attention now that i'm pregnant. That's kind of annoying.

He doesn't do well on minimal sleep and gets very grouchy, so i'm kind of dreading the first couple months when we are both sleep deprived!

LOL wow that sucks! why would we "make it up"? crazy!

my husband is the opposite, he knows i feel sick and growing a human being, but that's where it gets sad, he still doesn't help out. i think he thinks that even sick, i could still do stuff.

my hubby is like your hubby, he doesnt do well with little sleep either and god forbid if he gets woken up in the middle of sleep, he can be very mean......

so i am with you that i am alsl dreading when the baby comes and cries during the night lol it's gonna be war! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->