Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

ninjababy

Reaction score
Hi

Any ladies out there with hashi's? Ive just found out just after my wedding, ive been very ill! Ive read that it can cause problems conceiving!

Anyone out there to chat?

Theapple! Just saw your post! Are you TTC I'm wondering allsorts really about having babies!!

Hi!
I have hashimoto's too. I was diagnosed last september. What I am about to tell is not good news unfortunately.. But many ladies with hashi don't have any problems conceiving and carrying to term so don't get discouraged that I am just unlucky and not one of them.
I have been ttc for 14 months and had a MMC last february at 8 weeks. While desperately trying to conceive again after loss, we found DH had borderline low morphology. Although I was relieved to find I was fine (clockwork cycles, temp shifts after ovulation, bloodwork for e2, prolactin, TSH, T3, T4 etc. okay) and that my short luteal phase of 10 days was not a problem. I decided to see an ob gyn to check if my tubes and uterus are normal. he ordered more bloodwork (anti thyroid antibodies) before HSG and found that I had hashimoto's. He said this could be the cause of my short lp, infertility and even miscarriage.:( now I am on steroids and next month we will check the antibody levels again if they have fallen.

Hi!
I got my results and want to give an update :)
My TSH increased from 2.7 to 3.5 in spite of thyroid pills. So the dr increased the dosage by 50%. Anti Tg decreased by half. But still way above the limit (233). Anti TPO decreased slightly, like by 10%, to 262. Again, way above limit. But dr thinks we are in the right direction. He advised me to keep taking the steroids. I have been gluten free for more than 2 months in hopes that it helps with hashimoto's. I would discontinue if my results hadn't improved. It is difficult to go gluten free especially the explaining to people part but I will continue for some more time. I don't know if it is useful but I know it doesn't harm and I would do anything to have a healthy baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->