Hate taking katelyn to the inlaws

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
They are nice people but their house is grose!!!
They have alot of animals,the dogs I don't mind but they have a parrot that crawls everywhere and poops all over the sofa and dnt clean it up so I dnt even sit he on the sofa.
Also they have a owl which gets fed dead baby chicks I think and they are boiled in a pan and OH brother picks them up with bare hands and I always have to tell him wash your hands before you hold katelyn sometimes I have to tell him twice.
and then sometimes when I feed katelyn I ask OH to get me a bib and his mum is just like oh it dnt matter she's fine she's allowed to get messy!!
SO she's my daughter and I like to use one.
And last thing is their cats and the parrot walk all across the worktops and they dnt wipe it down when they cook and then they ask if katelyn wants some veg n mash.
Do I seem abit dramatic or would this annoy you too??

This would bug me too...
My grandads is like this so if he wants to see my Katelyn he has to come here, im not a big animal fan if im honest :flower:

No I'm not either I only like dogs. But they have all sorts snakes,lizards,chickens,rabbits,birds,owl,5 dogs 2 cats lol
I'm just not keen on houses filled with animals,especially if it ain't clean.

I dont like the idea either, especially with the LO around.
That's a lot of animals! Plus I dont trust animals, so I wouldn't take my LO round, but i'm stubborn lol :flower:

yeah that would seriously bug me, thats just gross. i love animals but you can keep them and also have a clean house. i wouldnt go round there. x

Id be reluctant to go round in those circumstances.

You need to be careful with animals and hygiene with babies and especially animal poo

Can they come to you instead?

No they dnt like to travel much. they dnt like leaving all the pets.
Plus OH's dad is 76 years old so he dnt drive much.

I lived there for the first 6 months of my pregnancy and i hated it.
They go away at the weekends to their caravan site and when they used to go i would go wilkos and buy loads of cleaning stuff and clean the whole house for about 4 hours lol. i refused to stay there with OH while the house was in a state.
especialy the kitchen and bathroom its just horrible... when i go there i dnt even sit on the toilet seat haha!!
i dnt tell OH cuz i dnt want to upset him.
even when i leave their house i feel dirty and want a bath !

I would be furious!! I would just make them come to your house. You are the mother, so what you say goes! :)

being completely honest here, if i was in ur situation i wouldnt go there again until they cleaned, or just tell them to come to mine. do they not realise how DANGEROUS that is??? cat walks through its poop, walks on counter, gets on food, into the baba... bam. toxoplasmosis.

I'm not the tidiest person but clean kitchens and bathrooms are a must for me! And there's no way I'd offer food to my LO that was cooked/prepared on an unwashed surface! I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut I'd def be telling OH to tell them to sort it out! :)

I wouldnt go round.. I start having a panic attack if OH drops a grain of sugar on the kitchen side...
Eeeek!!!
Im a clean freak!! X

Yes i am too lol.
I get the hoover out after katelyn has had a hipp biscuit and goes on the floor !
i clean all day while OH is at work, and then i will do all again the next day even if it dnt need doing, i just have to do it lol

it will kill me when katelyn is older and shes toddling around making a mess and having loads of toys out haha

I wouldnt let my child go there, no way, she could get ill and you would never forgive yourself. What is with some people, I dont understand why people are so unhygenic.

I don't blame you in the slightest!!! My mum basically lives in a showhouse and this is how I have been brought up, now I am not nearly as bad as my mum aka the bleach queen but my house is very clean but lived in during the day (I must admit I love 7pm when kids go to bed and I can tidy up!!)

I am no enviromental health officer but I do know that animal shit and children do not mix!! Correct me if I am wrong but don't reptiles carry dangerous toxins around also?

Maybe just tell them the health issues here and how sensitive babies are to these toxins, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->