Hating work?

george83

Reaction score
Does anybody else have a job they usually love but find themselves physically dreading the thought of going in day after day? I'm really lucky that my work let me go back part time after ds2 so I only have 3 days a week to get through but they are the longest most miserable days at the minute. It's far too early for me to start my maternity leave and I don't even have things I need to be doing at home yet I would just rather be anywhere else than work. Please tell me I'm not alone, thanks in advance :flower:

Your not alone hun. I also reduced my days to three when I went back after DS but now have got to the point where I just don't want to go in! I only have three weeks left though thank goodness! It is ok if I can sit down but my job involves a lot of getting up and down and standing and I find that hard work and feel that my colleagues think I should be pulling my weight more. I'm probably imagining it though. I love the social side of the work I do and caring for patients etc I think just the thought of going into work at the moment really doesn't appeal atm! So totally know where you are coming from x

Same here. I love my job, always have but since becoming pregnant it has been hard. I dont have the patience I need to do my job to the best of my ability. I am a family support worker and for the most part I work with autistic children. You need lots of patience with them and it is physically demanding. So for the sake of myself and the children I am hoping to be done work in two weeks.

I so much understand.my plan was to finish mid march and i decided to leave this week-last is wednesday- as i just cant face more stress and demands from staff and residents, families, company etc. I am a care home manager and i love it, i have a brilliant team and i will miss them very much but at the moment i am saying enough. Its time to focus on myself and my family.We were and still are having some building work done in our house and that made my pregnancy harder but 2 more weeks and it should be finished. 3 days seem like forever, after 10 long years i gave this company i so deserve it. x

You're not alone. I'm also dreading work right now. My job isn't physical, but it requires a lot of brain power and ability to complete things in a tight time frame. I'm really struggling at the moment and working the weekend to try and get things done. I can't wait for mat. leave to begin, even though I'm sure I'm going to be bored at home!! Haha.

You're definitely not alone, I'm very ready to be done! Tomorrow should be my last day, I'm due on the twelfth. I can't be bothered at this point!

I'm with you! Today is the first day back after winter break and I want to sit in the corner and cry and the idea of being back here! I love my students but I really have no motivation to plan lessons and standing and teaching is killing my back. I keep reminding myself it's only for another three and a half weeks but to be honest I don't know if I can cope for that long.
I'm hoping my doctor will book me off at 37 weeks!

Same here. I'm 28+ weeks and can barely sleep or walk lately due to hip pain and some lower back pain. I feel so exhausted in the morning. Plus if I'm on my feet too long, I get pain and pressure in my lower belly. I need the money since I don't get any paid maternity leave, but just have to drag myself out of bed every morning and don't have the same energy now to devote to my patients.

I teach 11-12 year olds and normally i LOVE LOVE my job. But when i am pregnant. . .. i dread waking up every morning and coming to school. I am ornery and irritable, and i'm sure i make the kids' lives miserable most days with my bad attitude. Unfortunately, i only have 5 personal days a year and have to pay $45 to take them, and on top of that only get 6 weeks maternity leave. So i'm stuck working pretty much up until the day i give birth, hating my job every day because i'm so uncomfortable. All i ever want to do is sit and teach from my desk, and then i feel like a failure because what kid wants a teacher like that?

I'm really lucky that I work from home around my little boy so we have loads of one together but I earn 4 times what I did in my 40 hour job. I now help other mummy's do the same. If you want some information I can send you some :) add me on Facebook Teresa Fay Stobbart xx

I LOVE my job as well... fast paced, challenging, and I normally thrive on daily challenges. However in the last few weeks I've noticed a serious slow down in brain power... and for lack of a better phrase, just giving a damn about it lol!

My heart is just not in it right now. I'm being induced at 38 weeks, so I'm starting my leave at 36, that way I don't have to force it and wear myself out the last 2 weeks before giving birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->