have any of you become pregnant right after mc?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Gemma Simone, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Gemma Simone

Gemma Simone Well-Known Member

I had an early mc (could say chemical pregnancy), and have fallen pregnant again the very next month. I was just wondering if anyone else is in or has been in this position and if so did you count the date of when you should have had your period last month or the date of when you stopped bleeding from the mc to work out how many weeks you were?

2. xxxjacxxx

xxxjacxxx My Eggo is Preggo!

Hi Honey, I had an m/c in April and got my timing wrong for the next cycle so had af after this one. I then Got caught in June but unfortunately I m/c'd again on 11th June 08 I was 6 weeks, nearly.
    We used cheapo pg tests to track my hormone levels going down and once they were showing negative, we used opk's to predict Ovulation. I ovulated on 8 July so nearly a month after I m/c'd!
    Luckily I got caught again and had a positive test at 9 dpo on 17th Aug!!!
    I am now 10 weeks and 3 days and all is great so far!!:cloud9:

You cant go off your last bleed date to calculate how far along you are as If I would have done that I would be nearly 4 weeks ahead of what I am!!

Your doc should book you in for an early scan???
    Good Luck!

3. Gemma Simone

thanks jacqui. i didn't mean that i would take the last date of my normal bleed, but rather the date of when i should have had my period. But i agree, the best way is to go to the doctor and wait for them to determine the date through a scan. I just really want to know right now!!

4. xxxjacxxx

xxxjacxxx My Eggo is Preggo!

Ahh sorry, hun misread your post!
    A chemical pg can be pretty straightforward in the terms of getting your cycle back. My first m/c was a chemical and my cycle was maybe a couple of days out......you could use it to estimate and wouldnt be that far out I would say,but be prepared to be put back/forward a little! xxx

5. doctordeesmrs

doctordeesmrs Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3

Hey hun. I got pregnant straight after a miscarriage and went on to have a normal pregnancy. I counted from the day i started bleeding from mc and there was only 1 day difference between my dates and the hospitals.

6. Gemma Simone

thanks - thats really helpful xx

7. applegirl

applegirl mum of 1 and adopting

hey Gemma!! just wanted to drop by and say congratulations!! read your story on another thread - just after you got your BFP!! I'm so sorry for your loss, and really happy for you and your new bean. hope you are getting all the love and support you need.:hug:

8. Mummy&bump

Mummy&bump Well-Known Member

hey hun i m/c on the 6th of july n fell pregnant straight away again! im now 13 weeks pregnant! the doc counted it from when i bleed after the m/c and his dates worked out to be right! so i counted from when i lost bubs when i first started to bleed! if it was a chemical you should count from when u bled as this is like a period! hope this helps

xx

9. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

I had prolonged bleeding after a d & C and then 1 :witch: so i suppose im no helpo. But good luck

10. Gemma Simone

thanks guys. guess that makes me 5 weeks pregnant :) yay!

thanks for your lovely message applegirl

xx