have any other ladies made themselves a postpartum basket?

cinnamum

Mumof_7_PREG W#8
Reaction score
i can't wait to use mine :happy dance: never had one before. :shrug:

Never heard of one but I guess I kinda had one since I had to use all those items once I got home. They gave me the peri bottle in the hospital last time and I still have 1 left over, along with the medicated spray & Tucks pads. Wish I didn't have to have all that stuff because it's really not so much fun using it. Ochie!!

hahhahaaa no its not, but having it all in one place and in a pretty basket somehow makes it all a little bit more bearable.
anything to make life easier in those new baby days.

I guess i kind of have one, but I'm not looking forward to using it. Its all negative!! Nipple shields and lanisho for cracked bleeding nipples, witch hazel for the 2nd degree tear I'm bound to have (after having 2nd degree tears with both my others), giant sanitary pads, and chuck away white cotton pants. Um... maybe i should treat my self to some Molten and Brown!!!!

Do you need the spray and the rinse bottle if you have a c-section? IDK this is my first.

I haven't yet, but will, I have made 2 nursing station baskets and 2 diaper changing station baskets ;)

I made one the other day! I'm still early, but I wanted to make sure that definitely gets done.

I would say yes, you will still want to wash away the blood after a toilet trip, you do still bleed after a csection. Feeling a little cleaner will help lift your spirits more, you may find it hard to wipe afterwards reaching down can be painful. So having a squirt of water to help lessen the amount of wiping needed can't be bad eh? Xx

Omg I've never heard of this but I will definitely be putting one together. Especially those padsicles Lol they sound like they would feel so soothing on ur area down there after birth. This is going to my to do list this weekend. Thanks for the post.

If you have a look on Pinterest there's a lot of different pics and ideas on there too. Some of the items on the links I posted are hard for us uk mums to get hold of xx

Yes I agree. Still want the peri bottle even for a c section. I squirted warm water for a quick rinse then pat dry with toilet paper. I have a basket next to my toilet. It only has pads for now and breast pads which will probably be moved. I'll put my peri bottle and the mesh undies when I get home. I am having a c section also.

Never would have thought to put one of these together, but it's a great idea! I know what project I'll be doing tomorrow!! Thanks for the idea!

I had great fun making one of these for myself. I bought a big basket that would fit the whole 9yards in. Just so I am prepared for several types of births (I've had every type going other than a home birth) so that I can have a little pretty basket that fits on my windowsill in my bathroom. I can refill it easily every few days by carrying the smaller basket off to the larger one (in my room) which has all the products inside, and re-stocking as I go. The major thing for me was having enough pads, I always run out. No chance of that this time!!! As soon as the large basket looks low I know to order more, I think this idea is going to help me lots. Xx

Never heard of this but sounds like a great idea :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->