Have I already ovulated?

sw121

Mum of 1
Reaction score
We've just started TTC for #2. My last period started on 27th December and my cycle varies quite a bit (although I think it was affected a lot by being on POP, which I came off mid-December), but last cycle was 28 days. So predictions for ovulation are this Friday 10th Jan. However, yesterday I noticed a lot of CM being discharged. It was clear at first, but then last night it was pink. It was only last night, so literally a few hours with pink discharge. Does this mean I ovulated yesterday? Would this not be too soon after my last period? I seem to have no CM being discharged today.

Thankfully we DTD on Monday night, as well as on Saturday, but last night didn't happen thanks to our toddler only settling if he was in bed with us and in the middle (methinks he doesn't want a sibling!) and tonight my OH is too tired after a sleepless night last night - but I am worried we're missing the boat this month. Will it still be worth DTD tomorrow night?

It's really hard to say! It really depends on how long your LP is and how long your cycle is this month.

Unfortunately, our cycles aren't really on any sort of schedule or equation that we can just punch in days and get results out of. (I wish they were! hahaha) Just because your cycle was 28 days last time does not mean that it will be 28 days again this cycle. (for example, for me my cycles so far have been 31, 35 and currently 43 days. Other women have the same number of days each month, like clockwork.) Could be more, could be less!

If you do indeed have a 28 day cycle this month, then with yesterday being CD10, it was probably too early to O just yet because after your LP, your cycle would only be around 26 days. Assuming you have a 12-14 day LP (it could be shorter than that!) then you should possibly O between the 10th-12th. My suggestion is just to keep BDing as much as possible for the next week. That should hopefully cover your bases! :)

In the future, I suggest temping and/or OPKs to help pinpoint ovulation. They both help tons and take out a lot of guess work!~ :)

Exactly what beebee says hun. For the record ovulation spotting can happen before or after ovulation so without charting your bbt it's tough to say. For me personally ovulation spotting happened right before I got a thermal shift if that helps and you can still get a bd in! Here's a nice link about it-

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/ovulation-spotting.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"