Have Tesco made a mistake?

J

Jem88

We always order online with Tesco, we have done this for the past 3 years and had no problems apart from we missed a delivery a few months ago and they messed around with refunding etc.

I ordered shopping yesterday to be delivered today, it came to £76.86 including the £5.50 delivery fee. The shopping came this morning and it was now £82.36 apparently the payment hadn't gone through as there wasn't enough in OH account, Luckily we still had £7 in my account, so OH tranfered that over, cleared it over the phone and the driver gave us our shopping. I didn't realise until after the driver had gone that we'd been charged more, OH wasn't sure how much the shopping was but knew we had enough to pay it.

I'm now confused as to why they charged us an extra £5.50. Have they charged us delivery twice as they we're expecting to have to take the shoppping back to the store (which they didn't as we have our shopping.)

Did you not get a reciept with your shopping, it should be itemised so you will be able to tell where the 5.50 is. If not perhaps try giving customer services a ring. :)

Do u no what, I use money supermarket and put all offers in a basket then print out and go shopping, I hardly find any of offers in store, so I wonder of they charge more if the offer isny stated on thr shelf when they pick ur order?

It sounds like they have charged you twice for delivery. Or did you accidently click on an item twice? Like pp said, i would check your paper receipt against the order you placed online.x

they say on the site they cant be sure prices wont change till the day the food is delivered so the sub total you get online can change without your knowledge before its delivered we never get charged that much more but it could be that.

they say on the site they cant be sure prices wont change till the day the food is delivered so the sub total you get online can change without your knowledge before its delivered we never get charged that much more but it could be that.

But online don't they cahrge you the maximum? I use tesco delivery as well and for instance on the cheese they charge me online the maximum it could be and then when i actually pay for it they only charge me how much it actually costs.
:shrug:

If i goto the order part on the tesco website, todays order still says £71.36 but this is without delivery. I've no idea what's happened, i guess i'll just leave it and see if the same happens in 2 weeks time lol. x

If thats what it says then I would phone customer services and explain what happened, that way you might get free delivery next time as you've already paid twice. :)

I'd phone Customer Services and ask them to check it out, I was overcharged once when they made a substitution and didn't apply the discount, Customer Services sorted it out straight away

they gave me £10 voucher and free delivery last week as my shopping came without bags 44 items on the floor near a baby is never good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->