Have to get Re cut and stitched again!!

loulouamy

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:
I knew things were not right, I have had a dreadful time with my tear, had to get re stitched the morning after my son was born which was horrific and I had my six week check the other day and Doc said its as healed as its going to heal, I am now left with about 3/4 inch opening under my vagina entrance...and still in a lot of pain. I am so angry at how I was treated in the hospital and I cant stop crying my eyes out day after day.
I was told no sex or working out which are both breaking my heart, I miss my hubby and I really want to get back in shape

Has anyone else had to get this done, if so how bad/painful was it??
how long did it take to recover? when were you able to make love again?? Please be honest.. Iv had enough of people messing me around saying things are going to be okay when they clearly are not..

Not the same thing but my second degree tear didn't heal right, it took two years to heal itself naturally. My doctor gave me some anaesthetic cream to use if I wanted to have sex. Not romantic but it helped, not entirely but it made it less painful. My tear eventually healed after about two years and we conceived our son a few months later. I tore again giving birth to him but it healed properly that time.

I'm sorry you're going through this I hope you can get it sorted. Maybe ask your doctor about the anaesthetic cream...

Just wanted to give you a big hug and say no wonder you're so upset, it's an awful situation, you poor thing. Why don't you request your notes from the birth, and find out why the original stitching didn't take properly? It may be just one of those hellish things, but it might be the case that you haven't received the care you needed.

Right now you need to become an expert in your own condition, so that you can get the best corrective treatment possible, and give your body all it needs to properly heal. Don't let the hospital fob you off in any way...this is so important and every woman who's ever given birth is on your side about this.

Xx

Just wanted to give you a big hug and say no wonder you're so upset, it's an awful situation, you poor thing. Why don't you request your notes from the birth, and find out why the original stitching didn't take properly? It may be just one of those hellish things, but it might be the case that you haven't received the care you needed.

Right now you need to become an expert in your own condition, so that you can get the best corrective treatment possible, and give your body all it needs to properly heal. Don't let the hospital fob you off in any way...this is so important and every woman who's ever given birth is on your side about this.

Xx

Thanks you for your support, it was most defo down to not receiving good care, I was given an epidural which was placed wrong so didnt take effect and because things moved so quick there was no time to replace it resulting in me giving birth naturally via vacuum, the doctor wouldnt believe me that I was feeling EVERYTHING and just kept saying "but you have the epidural", so he didnt even tell me he was doing stitches so I was not given local to numb the area nor was I told to keep still.... the next morning I had to get two more stitches ( traumatic) these two healed fine because they were done right by a different doctor.... I am so angry and upset..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->