Have to see a consultant :(

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
I have to see a consultant this pregnancy for three different reasons! :(

1 - I'm on anti-depressants (kind of), but I'm not even depressed IMO, I went on them when LO was younger after he fell critically ill as a newborn, but I also could have had it before and that blew everything up majorly, though I haven't taken them in a while and doing fine so I hope they'll be fine with things on that front!

2 - My BMI, lol I don't blame them I still have all the weight from LO which is a LOT. But going to manage that :flower:

3 - My delivery last time, sorry if I scare anyone but I had a 38 hour labour, 12 hours established and almost 3 hours pushing, I needed an EMCS so badly but I got so ill (womb infection, very high BP, heart-rate, low oxygen, fever etc) so it would have been way too risky to my health to have one, but even though, they were discussing having to give me one but luckily a paediatrician saved me and we got him out with forceps! - Really sorry if that scares anyone but makes sense why they want to speak to me about that :dohh:

I had nothing like this with LO :nope: Get the feeling this pregnancy might not be as fun :(

At least you'll be getting the best care :) I had to see a consultant because of my bmi which I thought was silly cuz they used the bmi they took when I was 8 Weeks pregnant for my entire pregnancy :S they didn't really do much though :p good luck, I hope it goes well :)

I agree atleast you'll be getting the best care you need! Good luck with it all :)

I guess it's in the best interest for you and baby, they may want to see you about your antidepressants because depending on the active ingredient in them you may not be able to stop taking them for the rest of the pregnancy due to complications it could cause by stoppingn them, I had that talk :flower: hope all is well!

Every pregnancy is different Hun, I understand they are just being cautious but don't worry yourself too much x

Dont stress it, you n your LO will be in good hands and thats most important

I have to see a consultant too, but i did last time due to being on antidepressants. This time im not on the antidepressants anymore but because of my history of depression i still have to be monitored :( also my BMI is an issue this time around too. I put on about 2 stone when i was pregnant with dylan and another stone after having him. It seems so daunting and a bit scary! But from my experience it doesnt make much of a difference, just more monitoring etc :) which is best for LO :)

I didn't think it involved more monitoring tbh (even though it's so obvious lol), god that'll be busy because up here it's so quiet that with your second you still see the midwife the same amount of times as your first. I'm more worried about my delivery tbh, I don't even take my antidepressants :dohh: But I'm scared they'll want to plan a birth for me :nope: I see them in just under 4 weeks time! x

I had a consultant for having a low bmi, and then low iron and measuring small. It'll be fine, I was dreading it but in the end it is what's best. I just had extra bloods done and extra scans, after going 3 or 4 times they said I could go back to just having a midwife :)

I'm under a consultant too hun, its not that bad. :hugs:

Mines because of being on anti depressants, bmi and I had pre eclampsia with my first daughter.

It'll be okay and all be worth it too :hugs:

I'm under a consultant too hun, its not that bad. :hugs:

Mines because of being on anti depressants, bmi and I had pre eclampsia with my first daughter.

It'll be okay and all be worth it too :hugs:

Do you see the consultant instead of the midwife right now? I love my midwife and had her with LO too :(

But hopefully I won't need to see the consultant loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->