Have you ever gotten a BFP??

My first BFP I was so excited. My DH and I had been trying for 6 months. My DH was at work so I went to the store and bought pacifier. My dog was our baby at the time so when hubby came home I gave my dog the soother in her mouth and said to her "show daddy what we bought today! Bring it to him" she carried it over to him. When he saw what it was he had a confused look on his face until he figured it out. He smiled and said "really?" I was shaking as I was showing him the test. It was such a good moment....sadly it didn't end well. The next day and days to follow my BFP started to fade on the other tests until it disappeared completely. Ended up losing the baby so my joy was very short lived. We had troublea after that conceiving. I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS and eventually taking fermara to conceive. The 2nd month on it I had an appointment with my fertility doctor that day. I was only 10dpo but figured what the hell I'll test even though I thought it would be way to early to show anything. To my surprise there was a very faint line. I was excited an scared to loose the baby again. I told my hubby right away this time by showing him the test but told him it was very early so not to get his hopes up. I was very cautious and nervous to be happy about being pregnant up until 11 weeks pregnant when I had my first ultrasound. Once I saw and heard that little heart beating during the ultrasound I felt a huge relief. It was the most amazing thing. I now have a happy and healthy 14 month old. I'm hoping to get to experience it all again soon.

My first BFP I was so excited. My DH and I had been trying for 6 months. My DH was at work so I went to the store and bought pacifier. My dog was our baby at the time so when hubby came home I gave my dog the soother in her mouth and said to her "show daddy what we bought today! Bring it to him" she carried it over to him. When he saw what it was he had a confused look on his face until he figured it out. He smiled and said "really?" I was shaking as I was showing him the test. It was such a good moment....sadly it didn't end well. The next day and days to follow my BFP started to fade on the other tests until it disappeared completely. Ended up losing the baby so my joy was very short lived. We had troublea after that conceiving. I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS and eventually taking fermara to conceive. The 2nd month on it I had an appointment with my fertility doctor that day. I was only 10dpo but figured what the hell I'll test even though I thought it would be way to early to show anything. To my surprise there was a very faint line. I was excited an scared to loose the baby again. I told my hubby right away this time by showing him the test but told him it was very early so not to get his hopes up. I was very cautious and nervous to be happy about being pregnant up until 11 weeks pregnant when I had my first ultrasound. Once I saw and heard that little heart beating during the ultrasound I felt a huge relief. It was the most amazing thing. I now have a happy and healthy 14 month old. I'm hoping to get to experience it all again soon.

How soon do you wanna try for baby #2?..glad your second BFP gave you DS:hugs:

I'd be happy to get pregnant again right now. I'm just waiting for my cycles to return so I can TTC #2. I have yet to get a period which could be my PCOS or from breastfeeding.

I found out at 10 DPO on New Year's Eve. I had what looked like a temp drop that morning and BFNs 7-9 DPO the days before. I was so sure I was out. I bought a new thermometer from Amazon (mine has been acting up), and a book on ttc. I wrote the first entry in my journal on here and cried a bit, thinking another cycle has come and gone. I went out to grab lunch and then made plans for dinner that night with a friend. I decided to poas to make sure I could have a drink at dinner. The feeling was more of shock and disbelief. I was so scared that I was just seeing things. I tried two other brands of ICs and all three had faint lines. I ran out and grabbed an frer and digital. Drank a ton of liquid so I could pee again and confirmed - pregnant 1-2! I messaged my BFF and my sister, and both were thrilled for me. When I picked up the tests, I also grabbed the book good night moon. I wrote a note in it, stuck the digital inside, and left it on the counter for DH to find. We hugged, and teared up (happy tears this time), and then went to dinner with our little secret keeping a smile on our lips the whole night.

I celebrated every day of that pregnancy, but sadly found out at 8+1 that our little gremlin stopped growing at 6+4. I'm not sure what the next BFP will feel like. It probably won't be quite as magical, but I've made a promise to myself to celebrate every day just like before.

So sad about your first little one. It was good you did find out early though and celebrated the time you had. I know you will celebrate the second every moment every step. :) although a bit cautious at the same time

My first bfp was a super surprise! I had started tracking my ovulation after not having a cycle for 8 months and being diagnosed with PCOS. I went on birth control, metformin and began my weight loss journey! By May of 2011, after I had fully come off the metformin, I totally forgot to take an opk during finals. Idk why but I took one 4 days before period and got a blazing positive. Honestly I thought with stress of finals I was just ovulating late, and did a quick google search. Saw the smallest chance of it detecting pregnancy and thought no way. Disregarded it, sure enough my period was missed and got a pregnant sign on a clear blue!! Happy tears all around even if it was unplanned. My second one I literally threw at my husband because while I don't regret my beautiful daughter, during said incident my husband literally said to me what are the odds you'll actually get pregnant lol both amazing moments and deserved to be felt by all who want them

Yes I agree TanyaW, amazing and exciting moments. Are you going for a third? I can't wait for my first

Sophima, yes! I was totally set with two. My husband has wanted another one all along. We are hoping for a boy, 3 girls certainly would make life interesting lol! When are you going to try for your first?

Ha I bet hubby wants a boy as he is now the only male:). I want to start trying September of this year, I am so excited at the same time a little scared

I didnt take many tests when trying for #1, maby 2 cycles out of 5.. maby 3. So not every time.
But when I got positive I got up realy early to test and just remember being glad. I had been expecting it since I felt different the few days before so it was not that surprising :) DH was still in bed and when I got in the room and said we got BFP he just got this lazy smile, eyes kind of still closed and lifted the blanet so I could crawl in and cuddle. Was similar with #2 but I was surprised then since it was first try. Always mixed feeling of glad, happy, o shits and what have I done haha :)

Wow #2 hit on the first try (y). The expressions though (what have I done) lol I think I'll have that as well. Congrats

Shocked!!!!! I was told 3 months earlier I would struggle to conceive naturally and to "keep trying" in the hope I randomly ovulated before we hit the 1 year mark and was sent for fertility treatment. I had some spotting one day (literally like dots!) and a friend convinced me to do a test. The doctor even said she had never seen a positive test line as dark before ha ha! I was shocked, elated but mostly in disbelief. I genuinely thought it was a trick. The feeling after you have longed for those two lines is indescribable. Floods of emotions!

With my first child I had just gone off BC because we were getting married the next month and we wanted to have children. 3 weeks later on a Thursday I decided to take a pregnancy test, not thinking for a second I was pregnant, just making sure because my bachelorette party was that weekend, and it immediately came back positive! It didn't really register in my head then while I was at work it started "setting in" and I kept asking myself was that real!? I couldn't wait to get home. As soon as I got home I ran and found the test and yep! It was real! I will never forget that day, it was so exciting. I was so giddy telling my husband. I will never forget his face. He had picked us up a 6-pack to share and he cracked one open and sat on the couch and started complaining about a part he needed for his car and I said maybe you will get it for fathers day (fathers day was that weekend) he didnt even notice what I had said and then I showed him the test and he looked at me wide eyed and said really?! I nodded my head and then he put his beer down and was like oh I cant drink this! I laughed and said I'm the one that cant drink! it was hilarious. The shock must have disoriented him.

With my second we had been trying. I took an early test and it was negative. Took another test 3 days later knowing it would probably be positive if I were pregnant and it wasn't. I told my husband and went about my day. Later I glanced at the test sitting in the trash and it had turned positive! Waited to take another one the next morning and it was indeed positive lol! So I got to surprise my husband again! hehe.

I had a good feeling I might be, but when I took my test with FMU it didn't work! Like the pee never got to the reading window, even after I tried dipping it in the toilet after 10 minutes (I was pissed!). I went back to bed and woke up hours later. Looked at the faulty test and it turned positive. I freaked out since I couldn't if it was real or not. Later that day I got more tests and they were positives. I cried on the bathroom floor, happiest moment of my life (now topped by the actual birth, haha)

Hi Everyone,

I'm super new here (my first post!, yay!)

I'm slowly figuring out all these acronyms but I can't figure out some of the ones in this post.

Help! BFP, BFN - what do these stand for?

Is there a thread that has all the commonly used acronyms listed?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm super new here (my first post!, yay!)

I'm slowly figuring out all these acronyms but I can't figure out some of the ones in this post.

Help! BFP, BFN - what do these stand for?

Is there a thread that has all the commonly used acronyms listed?

Thanks!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

I love hearing your BFP stories! Hopefully I will get to have my own story soon!

With my first child I had just gone off BC because we were getting married the next month and we wanted to have children. 3 weeks later on a Thursday I decided to take a pregnancy test, not thinking for a second I was pregnant, just making sure because my bachelorette party was that weekend, and it immediately came back positive! It didn't really register in my head then while I was at work it started "setting in" and I kept asking myself was that real!? I couldn't wait to get home. As soon as I got home I ran and found the test and yep! It was real! I will never forget that day, it was so exciting. I was so giddy telling my husband. I will never forget his face. He had picked us up a 6-pack to share and he cracked one open and sat on the couch and started complaining about a part he needed for his car and I said maybe you will get it for fathers day (fathers day was that weekend) he didnt even notice what I had said and then I showed him the test and he looked at me wide eyed and said really?! I nodded my head and then he put his beer down and was like oh I cant drink this! I laughed and said I'm the one that cant drink! it was hilarious. The shock must have disoriented him.

With my second we had been trying. I took an early test and it was negative. Took another test 3 days later knowing it would probably be positive if I were pregnant and it wasn't. I told my husband and went about my day. Later I glanced at the test sitting in the trash and it had turned positive! Waited to take another one the next morning and it was indeed positive lol! So I got to surprise my husband again! hehe.

Love your story. Your husband is hilarious lol "I can't drink this".. He took the cake with that saying "WE" are pregnant. :haha:

Love the stories ladies.. I can't wait getting so anxious. What I really wanna see is that look on hubby's face as well. Especially when it sinks in saying yes this is real. #daydreaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->