Have you got a Kindle?

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Would you rate it?

I love books so I am thinking of getting one but don't want to get it and then regret it. I was going to get a tablet with e-reader functions like the Kobo Vox but tbh I don't need the internet because I have a laptop and my phone so would be pretty pointless.

Would you recommend a Kindle?

I would recommend it! I LOVE mine. Read it every night in bed, ive got a little clip on light. And i love the fact you can use it in the sun and still read it, unlike a laptop where you cant see anything!

i was very dubious when i got mine for christmas but it is great and very easy to read from - also books available in an instant!!

I love mine too! read it every night in bed :)

was a bit gutted at 1st coz I thought they'd be back-lit to let you read in the dark & didn't realise you had to buy the light separate but after I bought the little light I was chuffed to bits with it :happydance:

it's really discreet & doesn't illuminate the whole room so you can read at night without disturbing anyone (my LO sleeps in my room so it was important it didn't wake her up) xx

Is the light expensive? I see they do a case with a light attached.

i LOVE my kindle :) and bought a case for it off ebay for £4.99 :) and the light i bought was a pound from poundland :) so doesnt have to be expensive if you dont want it to be :) i love having the freedom of finishing one book and being able to download a new one anywhere i am (i have the 3g and wifi one) :) easy to use and a daily essential for me!

If I am getting it it will be the one with just Wifi. I can't afford the extra £60 on top.

Stupid question but if I am at home and I've downloaded a book to read can I read it out and about without needing wifi?

Yeah you can, as it is then stored actually on the kindle.

I love mine! I got it as a present from dh and he got me the cover with the built in light which is quite dear but they sell lights you could use in lots of places eg the works/home bargains/eBay :flower:

I love reading an as the other ladies have said... i always read it in bed :)

My DH brought it for my xmas present as i usually went to the library and carried like 5 books at the same time to and fro LOL :dohh:

But i love how you can instantly download books and i've already done a wish list on amazon which i work through once i finish a book and DH brought me a clip on light too for a few quid:flower:

Not much help hah, but i would rather have the kobo :) x

I have a kindle, I've had mine over a year now & it's amazing :) the best thing about it is that it's not backlit - screens which are backlit are very bad for the eyes when you use them a lot. It's like reading from a normal book, only a lot comfier for the hands

I've reserved mine and I go and collect it tomorrow :) Can't wait. When I was reading the reviews someone said their library does e-books?

I was thinking of the Kobo Vox but tbh it would be a waste like I said I have a laptop and my phone so it wouldn't really be worth it. Only up side is that it is in colour

Yea the kindle is great. I got one for DH's birthday last year, and he loves it. He's hinted at getting me one this year cos I keep filling the house with books :rofl:

could you share one?

if i was reading something and OH wanted to read something too can you switch between books?? x

Yeah the colour is really the only reason i want it lol, and cos it would be handy to have my uni work on there, and obviously the text books would look better in colour, if i could get my hands on a kindle fire i would have that, as i would rather have the kindle name iykwim x

I love my kindle. Waterstones have announced they are selling the Kindle in Autumn, all the stores are going to be kitted out with WiFi, can't wait!

Ohhh that is really awesome! lol that makes me want a kindle instead haha, as waterstones is my port of call for books! :)

Are the books expensive to buy though? I buy most of my 'real' books second hand so for no more than 4/5 euro so I'm afraid downloading them will be too expensive. Does anyone know whether I could use a kindle from america in the uk/europe?

I've synched my kindle to my iPhone and dh's iPad, so we can both read different books at the same time and if there was anything I'd rather read in colour, like a biography with photos, I can read it on the iPad.

What I love about it is if I am reading on my kindle and stop for whatever reason, the iPhone/iPad automatically picks up where you left off:thumbup:

We bought a Kobo because the library round here has books to download for free, but doesn't support the kindle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->