Have you put your heating on yet?

Is that the inside temperature or outside temperature? If that is the outside temp there is no chance I would turn on the heat. If it were the inside temp, I would consider turning it on for an hour just to get it warmed up a bit (but honestly probably wouldn't). We never keep our heat set above 60 degrees (15.5 Celsius) and the only time our house is warmer is if the sun makes the house warmer.

I only like it on when it NEEDS to be, this isn't saying other people shouldn't have it on lol... just that it gives me headaches, and makes me stuffy.. I currently have a nasty cold and I can't face putting it on. However ask me again mid november and It will be all the way up ahha.. cos no one likes being cold :p

Mine went on yesterday because my dd refuses to wear clothes, she likes to strip off

No way, the heating doesn't go on until November! We have started to close the windows though. Next will be jumpers, slippers and blankets.

No it was 14.6 in Lo's room we moved before he was born from a new house to a old house and it's so cold the boiler is older than me (29) so we need to look into replacing it soon

No. I tested them the other day and all working fine so no worries about when it does get cold. I'd rather chuck an extra layer on and climatise naturally. Plus its soooo nice to not be hot in bed!!! We're still drying outside too, do all year especially if its windy.

Nope. And hopefully not for a while. We had the window op-en other night cus the house was to warm

Yes but only in the halls so far. I tested them and some aren't working so will need to get fixed before they are really needed!!!

I've resisted so far but when I got up this morning the thermostat was definitely giving me the "turn me on" eyes

Our thermostat is never off, I didn't even think about turning it off :dohh: Our heating started coming on yesterday, it does so for about an hour or so in the morning while it warms up. Ours is set to 19 degrees and we can't stand it any lower than that it's too cold. We will be looking to draft proof as much as we can this year as we lose so much heat.

Not yet, won't be long though xx

Nope, we haven't used the heating in this apartment yet. OH used the electric fire the other morning for 2 hours because he was cold but myself and LO are fine. Actually LO hates sleeping with a blanket and gets warm and sweaty so fast so he would be worse with the heating.

I've had it on twice for an hour each time in the last week, but only because I had a massive backlog of washing to get through and it was raining and I ran out of drying space! I don't think it'll go on on the timer (1-2 hours in the morning and evening) until October at least. I have a rule - if you're cold, put on another layer. 30 mins later if you're still cold put on a cardie/jumper. If you're still cold another 30 mins later I will put the heating on :)

Put it on for the first time today for an hour. It's got really cold last few days.

not yet. LOs room is still 22-24 degrees at night when she goes to bed & is 19-20 when she wakes in the morning. Although the living room is 10-11 degrees at night its still 17-18 in the day.. i just wrap myself up in my duvet :haha:

i did put the heating on for an hour this morning to check it works & to dry LOs duvet as it needed washing. xx

I have my own internal heater atm :haha:
OH wants to put the heating on but he sits in a t shirt and shorts so I refuse to put it on until he gets cold when wearing suitable clothes :L
I'm not cold at all and neither's LO so won't be putting it on just yet :)

Yes yesterday for the 1st time trying not to use to much dont really like it on before october

Its that really inbetween period - after I had popped ours on for an hour yesterday I was then baking hot and ended up opening the windows. So won't be putting it on again for a little while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->