Have you seen the baby move?

emicakess

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has seen your baby move on an ultrasound? How far along were you?
Who hasn't seen it? Is it common to see the baby move/ not move? When do they start moving more?

My last pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and no movement but I had assumed that was normal since at that point I didn't know the babies even moved around in there :p This pregnancy I had a scan at 7+5 and saw no movement but that is sorta early right? I am hoping to see my baby wiggle around at my 12 week scan!

They're as lazy as cats, are babies, and regularly snooze through ultrasounds :D

With this one I didn't notice him move at 9+2, he hiccuped but didn't really move at 9+6, and at 11+1 he had a decent wriggle. Which was good as it looked like 'normal' moment rather than the 'hiccups' (later found to be seizures) that DD :angel: had at the same age. He also kicks the doppler and swims away so he seems OK :haha:

By the time your 20 week scan comes round if they're awake you'll struggle to keep them still for measurements!

I had an ultrasound at 9+5 and it was wriggling around like anything! However when I went for my 12 week he/she was asleep and It took a lot of poking and walking around to awake baby lol but once awake it was kicking and moving about x

Yep, this bubba was wriggling around like mad at 10+3 xx

At my scan I was about 8 weeks and baby wasn't moving, only heard beating. I was told that's normal, they don't start moving till closer to 9 weeks apparently.

Good to know greenpear thank you! And Stacy and gizzy I bet that was super exciting!

At my 10w2d ultrasound my baby was flailing his/her arms all over the place and wiggling around. haha It was sooooooooo amazing to see!! Then as soon as we tried to get a video of it, he/she stopped. lol Figures.

Yeah it was fantastic. I wasnt expecting to see so much detail and movement so early on. I had an early scan with DD at 8 weeks and there was no movement so its amazing the difference a couple of weeks make xx

At my 9+5 scan I saw its legs kicking but not for long. At my 12 week scan with my dd she was literally doing backflips! It was amazing. But having had a mmc at 12 weeks after seeing the hb I really feel your pain :hugs:

Good to know greenpear thank you! And Stacy and gizzy I bet that was super exciting!

Hi emi,
Yes it was lovely to see baby moving for the first time considering my first scan was a 6 weeks where it basically was a blob with a little HB lol!
I'm sure you will see your little one moving around like crazy at your 12 week scan!

I saw a tiny move at 9 weeks but at 12 weeks one was on its head doing upside down cycling and bobbing about was so amazing and funny the other kept putting its hand on its head and rolling over, that one was a sleep and being dramatic telling us to leave it alone. The other was putting on a show ;) x

Wow! Its good to hear that it happens more than I thought and I have a good chance of seeing it!!

At my 12 week scan with my first he was wriggling all over the place and the tech told me he was very active in comparison to others. She joked with us that we would have a very active baby once he was born and boy was she right!! I've got a little boy who is on the go non-stop!!

I didn't see movement at my 8 weeks 2 days scan, but the ultrasound tech said she did.

Then at my private scan at 9 weeks 4 days, the baby was wiggling its little bum, looking like it was trying to get comfy lol and we even got a little wave!

It was so surreal to watch because you obviously don't feel movement yet, but just knowing that the baby is moving about in there and you can't feel it baffles me lol

At my 11 week scan baby only waved a little and kicked its legs, at my 12 week scan he/she was using the sac as a trampoline lol x

i hope i get to see mine move at the scan that would be lovley x

I saw bubs wiggling and waving at 10+2 but at 11+3, he/she just lay there. HB was fine so Dr wasn't worried. Figured baby was just snoozing. I'm starting to feel little bumps (and I mean little. think mini rubber bands snapping on one side) every few days that are most likely gas but I felt DS at 13 weeks and DD at 12 weeks so it's possible I'm feeling baby now. In a few weeks, you'll be feeling bubs move a little bit here and there and believe me, once you hit 30 weeks and you have toes in your ribs and elbows on your bladder, you'll be wishing for these weeks when you couldn't feel a thing. Both my kids were great for punching straight down on my cervix in the last 3 months. Talk about OUCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->