Have you started buying bits....

Tam

Mum of 2 - PG with No.3
Reaction score
Hello *waves*

I was just wondering if you have started buying bits and if not when you plan on starting?

We have brought loads of bibs, I keep saying "you can never have enough" :lol: and we have brought some sleepsuits and vests, socks and little booties all in white and neutral colours, but we have held fire for now until we find out the sex of our little one.......

I can't wait to start buying the appropriate colours!!! I think it is well exciting :oops: Me & OH actually agree on clothes :lol:

As for the bigger stuff I want the nursery sorted first so everything can go straight in there, but we are in the process of choosing what it is we want, we have chose a cot and other nursery furniture, but have yet to get it xx

Hey,

I started buying things like bibs and muslin sqaures and stuff about a month ago and some family bought me some baby clothes and things. but this weekend i started to buy some bigger things, we bought 2 changing mats (we live in a 3 story house so one for upstairs and one for downstairs) a bath support, some towels and 2 bath boxes, also some babygrows and things :) its all becoming more real now we're moving furnature around and things ready for when the baby arrives. getting more and more excited by the day.

I brought all bibs clothes and things every week just lil bits here and there, got the bigger stuff at about 34wks i think it was ...

didn't realise howmuch "little bits" i brought until i'd unpacked it all .. could have had my own shop lol

Best thing i did was buy wipes on offer .. going thru them like no mans business!!!!

Good luck .. will keep poping my head in!

Enjoy your shopping!!!

Imi
xxx

yes wipes on offer and nappies :) ... in fact anything on offer is great!!!!

We are going to start buying the nappies, wipes and any other bits you need that work out exspensive weekly in the shopping now, so we can have a breather when LO arrives and not have to worry for a while!

I can't wait to start shopping for the bigger stuff!!

Don't but huggies nappies .... THERE CRAP!!!!

Stick with pampers ... no leaks :D

hahaha .... i got told never to buy huggies from a lot of people actually. u shud see my wardrobe its full of nappies and wipes and sterilising fluid already. my dp thinks im crazy :)

Hey i stocked up on wipes and stuff!!! ... think it's very sensable!

Huggies wipes are brill, 100+ for £1.66 in boots ... there really thick!

Pampers wipes are CRAP!! to thin so stuff goes EVERYWHERE!!! LOL!!!

Keep stocking up hun ... i know from experiance you go through wipes like theres no tomorrow ... so the more you get the better ..

On the plus side you get tripple points on huggies stuff in boots if your part of there parenting club ... and thats forever so keep buying is what i say :D

xxx

oh yeah i forgot all about that...im a member of the parenting club! good idea...my dp is gonna love me now i can get triple points on these things hahahaha

Imi-Maddie's-Mum said:
Hey i stocked up on wipes and stuff!!! ... think it's very sensable!

Huggies wipes are brill, 100+ for £1.66 in boots ... there really thick!

Pampers wipes are CRAP!! to thin so stuff goes EVERYWHERE!!! LOL!!!

Keep stocking up hun ... i know from experiance you go through wipes like theres no tomorrow ... so the more you get the better ..

On the plus side you get tripple points on huggies stuff in boots if your part of there parenting club ... and thats forever so keep buying is what i say :D

xxx

I am a member of the club, I forgot about the triple points at boots, only got my welcome letter last week too :oops: !!!

Ever since I have had my DD I have always used wipes I think they are useful for so many things, not to mention kids - but now I will have to stock pile!! :D

I am not a fan of huggies nappies either.........I would always only buy pampers, I had so many leaks with DD it was a nightmare, I wondered how they sold them, as I have NEVER had any luck with them?!? I swore by the pampers Active fit, they were ace!!!! 10/10!!

I have bought so far

Bugaboo pushchair/pram

moses basket and chair barnaby bear mamas and papas
above duvet and cot thing go round cot (getting forgetfull here)

thats it,

Bex

wow u have bought all that and ur only 10wks !!!!!!!!!!!

wow....lol i think huggies diapers are great i have used them all through alexis's short life....she is 9 months today lol and i have never had a problem with them ever, then only time i changed them was to try and stop her diaper rash, but it didn't change anything so i am back to using them faithfully, i used pampers and the scent seemed to irritate her skin even more...but ah well to each her own i guess :)

me and my better half have only just started to buy bits and ive just realised i will be 6 months next week and have xmas to contend with along with hubbies 30th birthday!!!!!! PANIC STATIONS :shock: .I love a bargain and tend to buy bab bits when there on offer so if any one knows of any good deals let me know.I just got a card for a wholesaler so i can buy nappies, wipes and stuff in bulk so i should not run out when boyo is here on the scene! I've found a good store called jkukbaby which has got some great deals, especially on nursery furniture and they are online.

HI
I also forgot to say I got a maxi-cosi car seat as well,lol. am very keen. Hubby bought the Bugaboo he is a gadgety man and anything that looks like a mans thing he goes and gets,he is chuffed. I dont think it matters that i am only 10 weeks as if something happens it does and buying things wont make any difference........what I have sepnt is no different to paying for a weekend away and i could get the money back so not bothered from that point.

I am so indesicive that I thought i had better get before Xmas creeps up on us as have enough to buy for with DD.

Bex.x

We need to pull our fingers out too.............what with the baby due february, Christmas, DD birthday and buying a property, the time is just going to fly and we wont have much at all :wacko:

my dps nana just put the deposit down on a well nice pram for us :) shes plannin on paying £50 a week until its paid off so when we need it we can just pop to the shop and pick it up :) we're not gonna buy a cot until after christmas, the baby can just deal with a moses basket until then lol

Awwwww that is so lovely of her!!!!

LOL @ make do.......I am sure baby will be very happy!!

I think we may possibly leave the cot til after Christmas, I know I am not due til February but I want the nursery finished before Christmas, but I am thinking of Chrsitmas spends :thumpup: :happydance:

ah i was (happily) forgetting about christmas and all that fun(?) stuff until now.....i will be super-stressed as i have all in december, christmas, DD bday (first one :D), my bday, my moms bday, my brother in laws bday, my gramma in law (?) bday, AND due dec 16th :cry: ahhhh stressssss

good point in all of that the only thing i really need to buy for this baby coming is clothing as i still have everything out from DD thank goodness....

Lexis Mommy, don't forget to take your chill pills :wink: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->