Have you told anyone yet?

Blizzy

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has told friends/family/coworkers about their little bundle of joy or if most are waiting for second tri to spill the beans. I am so torn as I want the world to know, but at the same time I am 4 weeks along which is super early. We have a family get together on Saturday that I was thinking of having my girls wear Big Sister shirts and see if my parents catch on right away. I think we will only let me parents in on the secret though and then change their shirts before the rest of my family arrives, then wait on telling my brothers and their families until I am closer to 12 weeks, or if I start getting sick I am pretty sure they will be guessing what's up. I did already tell my sister and 1 close friend but other than that I have just been debating what to do.

We have told parents, siblings and 2 of my closest friends. I've had 2 losses before this pregnancy but i am happy to tell the people closest to me because if I was to miscarry again I know I would need their support. I'm 12 weeks next week and I plan on telling work and my closest colleagues and other friends. I'm a teacher and I don't plan on telling my students, I'm going to see how long it takes them to notice!

I've told everyone, I didn't feel the need to keep it a secret, sometimes it's good to have support in case anything did ever happen. Everyone is very excited and happy for us!

We have only told close family and friends (I'm 6 weeks), but I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks and if that all looks good, we will make our big announcement!

I'm the same as the other ladies, I tell close family and very close friends straight away! Thank goodness I did before because I needed their support through 2 miscarriages!
When I'm not sure if to tell a particular person I ask myself 2 questions
1. Do I want to share good news with that person
2. Would that person support me if I needed them

If the answer is yes to both then I tell!!!
:flower:

I spilled the beans to two of my coworkers. One I'm close with and the other saw my browser regarding pregnancy stuff. I don't want to spill the beans to anyone else until I've hit my second tri-mester. When I was first pregnant, earlier this year, I told everyone. Then I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and that wasn't great having to explain it to everyone asking how my pregnancy is going along.

I've told my little brother because hes living with us till he finishes school. I didn't want to have to be careful what I said at home. Other than that I don't plan on telling anyone any time soon just because I know we're going to get some snotty remarks :/

I've told a fair few of my close friends and we told family right away :) Have told a few coworkers too. Just couldn't help myself. Then waiting until the 12 week mark to make it FB official etc.

I'm only a little over 4 weeks too, and we just told our parents and siblings yesterday. I figured if something does happen I will need their support. Plus, we were so excited we didn't want to wait any longer! We will probably wait until after we hear the heart beat a few weeks to tell the rest of our family and then second trimester to officially announce it to friends and everyone else.

I'm 8 weeks and have told my best friends (mainly because I'm horrible at keeping secrets and wasn't drinking at my hen do), but we're getting married in a week so we're kind of waiting to tell everyone on that day. Our parents will know right after the ultrasound, which will happen on monday. So excited, can't wait to see their faces!

So far the only people who know are a good friend of mine who I told before I even told my husband haha, my sister in law, and an internet mommy friend (never met her in person yet) and recently I told my mom because she's been dying for another grandkid lol but I told her she can't tell anyone until we get the ultrasound which I know is going to be super hard for her to contain her excitement (I'm sure she's told her work friends though) lol So only 4 people know (only 3 of them I know in person). Well and my hubby and kids know too lol. Everyone else will find out on September 24th, after my dating scan.

The friend I told is practicing photography in her spare time so I'm going to have her take some good pics for the announcement before hand and then I will put it all together in a collage. The last pic in the collage will be an ultrasound pic.

I have only told my mom and best friend. Keeping it down low for a while as I don't want my employer to know yet as I need to ensure a certain amount of hours to draw maternity and I've only been back to work for 3 days s far

I told my bff and DH told one friend and one coworker whose wife is currently pregnant. It is so early (3-4weeks)! DH said this morning he is trying not to be excited so he can stop himself from telling everyone.

I'm just under 4 weeks (I know, I know.... so early, but I've known for five days now!) and my team leader at work knows (we're friends, and I was freaking out about the fact that a work project is going to happen right when I'm due) and I told one of my friends (we've both had MC before and I was freaking out to her about the fact that this might just be from my CP last month). Assuming I'm still pregnant by then, we're planning to tell our parents when we see them right as I'm turning 6 weeks, and then we'll eventually tell everyone else once I've had an ultrasound (probably around 10-12 weeks).

Parents are going to find out next weekend (I'll be over 10 weeks by then - close enough to 3 months for my taste, lol). Close friends will find out after 12 weeks. One of our friends though has already figured it out because I wasn't drinking at our mutual friends' bachelorette party. I denied it because hubby didn't even know yet since I'd actually just found out that morning! Work will find out right before the FB announcement when the first trimester is done.

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm quite torn, we told a few people first time, and his family found out, then telling people we had miscarried wasn't fun. The worst bit was when his mum found out, she was crying and everything. Second time we told his close friends and my close friends (about 15 people) as well as his sister and brother in law. He works with his brother in law, and his sister works in healthcare, so it was really good to have them know. When we miscarried, it again wasn't nice telling anyone.

After that, we swore no one would know until 16 weeks. Now that we are actually pregnant, we definitely aren't going to tell family in first trimester, but we are finding it so difficult! We had friends over for drinks last night and had to pour alcohol free wine into a normal wine bottle, they couldn't work out why I wasn't drunk as it was so easy to drink and I was a bottle down within an hour lol!
We are out to dinner with other friends tonight, and try want to go for drinks afterwards too. Don't know how we are going to hide it tonight, so we might tell them. They aren't part of a friendship group and they were brilliant with both my other losses as the female has had a mc herself, and they are ltttc so it might be better they find out early. I don't know?

loeylo - it sounds like you might feel better really if you told just that one couple tonight then.

AFM, found out DH has already told THREE people. I have only told my bff and his mom is going to freak if she ever finds out three friends and one coworker all knew before she did.
Please let it stick!

The only people I have told so far are my husband and our little girl. We'll probably keep it quiet for a little while yet until we know that everything is okay. :)

We ended up spilling the beans to my parents today, we were over for a barbeque and decided it is a good time since we can tell them in person. Lots of family was over as well so quite a few people know at this point. We still need to tell my husbands mom and family but with my sister in law on that side just having twins at 26 weeks we feel we should wait to tell them. I don't know why I feel this need, but I just feel the twins are not even a week old at this point and still so very small and have such a long NICU visit ahead of them before being able to go home. The last thing I think they want to hear is that I am pregnant again (they had trouble and were going through fertility treatments). I just don't know how long I should wait because some friends already know and most of my side of the family but not a sole on his side has any clue as they live a few hours away from us.

Only DH, we had a MC last month and we told a few people it was devastating to have to go back and tell people we lost it. So were going to tell family after our 12week scan and Facebook & work at Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->