Have you tried nap nanny?

Sweetpea7830

Reaction score
I was looking at this product online... https://napnanny.com/ but WOW it is expensive...has anyone here tried this for a reflux baby? Elevating the crib and using a wedge hasn't helped and he slides a lot. I like the harness feature of this but I don't want to waste $$ either...??

I've done a similar set up just with rolled up towels etc and a sheet stretched over. Seems to work fine although not portable like the nap nanny.

I've done a similar set up just with rolled up towels etc and a sheet stretched over. Seems to work fine although not portable like the nap nanny.

Good idea! Much cheaper too...

it looks like a tilted back car seat.......

I have something similar which I bought from another website for MUCH less. However it was rubbish. I once found Erin tipped out of it with her legs flailing in the air! I also found it didn't really help with the reflux.

I just used a bouncy chair. It looks very similar to them anyway so if you have one, try that out first.

thanks ladies! the problem i am having is he stays asleep in the bouncy or packnplay while the vibrating is on but he wakes up screaming as soon as it turns off...and everything we find has a 15-30 min limit!

oops i thanked u by mistake lol

just wanted to say the bruin vibraty chair from toysrus stays on vibrate until u turn it off

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Bouncers-and-Rockers/Safari-Friends-Rocker-Chair(0031475)

x

I have aswing that Jasmine usually naps in which has a similiar shape to a carseat I suppose... She enjoys it and sleep well there.

thanks all! we are trying to get him to use the bouncy but the vibration turns off after 20 or so minutes...i am looking into finding the one princessellie linked to...i am in the US so i have to try to find it here!
thanks again for the tips.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE NAP NANNY. I recommend it to everyone. I tried anything and my son just would NOT sleep more than an hour at a time because of his reflux. This seat changed our lives! He sleeps 7-8 hours a night now and he is 5 months old. The seat is at the perfect angle and has the perfect support for him. All of the other products are just a little bit cheaper and do not work near as well. I could not recommend it more highly.

it looks comfy though- wouldnt mind one of those for me!

How is it different from the cups u put under the cot legs to tilt the cot?

I think the main reason he likes this the best is because it holds him in and it's so comfortable! It's worth the investment because it lasts for so long. Even after they're too big to sleep in it they can still sit in it for a chair during the day. My nephew, who is 2, loves my son's Nap Nanny! We tried tilting the whole crib but he hated it and still refused to sleep without crying for hours! I was so hesitant because of the price too but I wish I would have just bought it first so I didn't waste my money on all of the cheaper options, all that stuff adds up!

How is it different from the cups u put under the cot legs to tilt the cot?

It's a lot different because to elevate a cot to 30 degrees takes the end quite high - the bed slopes loads and the babies often slide down the bed - the shape of this means the baby wont slide anywhere.

30 degrees is considered a good angle - but seeing as most people don't get their cot head that high often that alone does very little.

As you can see below how 'steep' 30 degrees is - not easy to get cot like that!

(in fact to raise a standard size cot to that angle; the one end would have to be 60cm!! Raising the head by 10cm = 5degrees, 20cm = 10 degrees etc etc)

https://etc.usf.edu/clipart/42000/42005/pro_30_42005_lg.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->