Having a bad day

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
I'm sorry I had to just come on here and have a little moan..I shouldn't even be doing this, I often tell women in the same boat not to worry but I'm just having one of those days where I'm upset about LO's development.

I also feel awful coming in here because I know I've been really fortunate compared to some of you ladies so I'm sorry for that also :cry: I just feel out of place posting in baby club.

He's two days shy of 7 months and has not rolled since he was about 3 months and even then it was only front to back, he also can't sit up without using his hands for support, we often think he's nailed it and then he'll start falling forward again for the next few days. He hates tummy time with a passion and I can't fathom how he's gonna learn to crawl. He can stand holding onto furniture which I am really proud of :thumbup:but it doesn't stop me wishing he could get the hang of the other things.

He gurlges but apparently he should be making consonant sounds by now.:shrug:

I know his corrected age has to come into it but surely even going by that he should be doing these things by now.

I'm sorry I know some of you have bigger problems than this, I just really needed to let it out.

Corrected he's only 5 months.... So still plenty of time - alex didn't sit up unaided at all til past 10 months at least - all our pics have her on some support thing!

I know, it's really hard in BC. The boasting threads knock me.

I could have written this two years ago. Abby didn't t sit up herself,until she was a year old and we still had a pillow behind her for 6 months after that. We got an inflatable play ring which helped. She still hates tummy time and rolling over. And she'll be three in April!

As for consonant sounds, Abby was a really, really early talker and is way ahead now, but even she wasn't making discernible sounds at that age.

Relax, throw the development charts away and when your baby does something amazing, come in here to boast. We don't care what age they are when they do things, we will clap and cheer as loud as you!

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

I just needed a good kick up the bum.:haha:

I'm feeling much better today. Someone suggested to me to stop reading the milestones threads on baby club, think I'm gonna do just that for that while.

I love this part of the forum as all you ladies understand the mixed emotions of it all :hugs:

Prem or not, kids will develop at their own rate. I know people with term babies who at 18mths-2yrs of age still aren't walking.
My little girl hated tummy time, she would scream and scream. I purchased a bumbo seat and it is what taught her to sit up, she was 8mths corrected age before she could sit unaided. She crawled at around 10mths corrected age and could walk at about 14mths corrected age.
My boy was 6mths corrected sitting, crawling by 8mths corrected and walking 12mths corrected.
I have feeding issues with mine and I look around at other babies eating all this food etc and I get myself so down about it. I need to remind myself that they will get it in their own time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->